Grand Central Terminal has been a hub for transportation since it first opened its doors. About 750,000 people pass through Grand Central each day and that number increases to over 1,000,000 people during the holidays.

Grand Central is not only a center of transportation, but it also features retail stores, a museum, an atrium and, my favorite, a small but bountiful gourmet market located off of Lexington Avenue.

There are not many things that excite me more than exploring markets. Call me crazy, but the promise of finding yummy snacks to nibble on as I roam the streets of New York get’s me going.

Market

Photo by Emily Kirsch

This market is perfect for grabbing a quick snack that will be more interesting than a bag of pretzels or a turkey sandwich, and just in time to catch your train. That said, I would suggest making the market a destination.

With over ten different vendors, you are bound to find something to eat, if not more goodies than you could possibly carry with you.

Market

Photo by Emily Kirsch

From cheese, chocolate, bread, pastries, meats, prepared salads and much, much more, Grand Central Terminal Market offers everything you could ever desire for any meal of the day and is especially excellent for finding snacks to pack for a picnic in Central Park.

In the past, their challah bread has been one of my favorite finds as I do love a good challah, but this time I discovered a Parmesan cheese baguette that changed my life.

It tastes as if sourdough bread and Goldfish crackers made a food baby. It is every carb-lover’s dream, perfectly turning your favorite childhood snack into doughy goodness.

Market

Photo by Emily Kirsch

Seriously, do not miss this market and all its tasty wonders.