Whether you’re someone that follows a raw foods diet, a vegetarian who still eats salmon, or a carnivore looking to incorporate some healthier foods into your diet, these meals are guaranteed to leave you feeling satisfied. Regardless of what cuisine you prefer, Virginia Tech dining has some awesome vegan options that can (and should) be enjoyed by vegans and meat-eaters alike.

1. Jamba Juice

vegan

Photo by Nala Chehade

There’s nothing better than a sweet, refreshing bowl of blended fresh fruit and soy-milk with dry toppings, such as bananas, pumpkin seeds, and coconut flakes! These delicious and nutritious bowls are an excellent source of dietary fiber, protein, and calcium, not to mention they’re totally Instagram-friendly. Anyone looking to reduce calories will appreciate this healthy alternative to ice cream.

Pro tip: Make sure to order these bowls WITHOUT Greek yogurt in order to keep it vegan.

2. Qdoba

vegan

Photo by Nala Chehade

My go to dinner after an exhausting day of classes is a large, warm burrito from Qdoba. While you can customize these to your hearts desire, I typically go for a whole-wheat flour tortilla, black beans, white rice, fajita veggies, pico de gallo, roasted chile corn salsa, lettuce, and of course, guacamole. If I’m feeling spicy, I’ll add a bit of salsa roja. ¡Delicioso!

3. Au Bon Pain

vegan

Photo by Nala Chehade

My go-to order is the Veggie & Hummus Wrap. Another option is their 12 Veggie Soup, which helps me eat plants that I would not typically pick up at the grocery store. Potatoes, yellow zucchini, green zucchini, carrots, peas, onions, broccoli, corn, celery, mushrooms, and red bell peppers simmered in a vegetable broth with diced tomatoes make this the ideal lunch or dinner to warm up those chilly, dreary days.

Pro tip: Always order the wrap without feta and substitute basil pesto for Thai peanut sauce!

4. Bruegger’s Bagels

vegan

Photo by Nala Chehade

BAE-gels and a cup of tea are the perfect companions for an evening at the library. My usual order is a poppyseed bagel (with 12g protein!), hummus spread, avocado, cucumbers, lettuce, arugula, sprouts, and tomatoes.

Veganism can seem like a scary thing, but it doesn’t have to be with these nourishing, tasty options. Don’t be afraid to try something new next time you’re on-campus. If you’re looking to start with something a little less restrictive, VT is a vegetarian dining hotspot, too!