We all know that there are days at UNLV when we are tired of eating in the SU. Although SOHO is our new restaurant in the SU, if someone doesn’t feel like eating in the SU there are 8 places that I recommend near campus and is equally as good as a sushi burrito.

Café Rio: Under $10

Address: University Gardens Shopping Center, 4680 Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas, NV 89119

chicken
Kawaan Varrie

If you want something filling that compliments all your taste buds for an affordable price, Café Rio is the place to go. I usually get their tostadas with sweet pork and everything on it. I love everything about it.

Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop: Under $10

Address: 4480 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89169

You can’t go wrong with a sandwich at Capriotti’s, especially their Bobbie, which is technically Thanksgiving in a sandwich. It consists of cranberry sauce, turkey and stuffing. The Bobbie will remind you of Thanksgiving all in one bite.

Aloha Kitchen: Under $10

Address: University Square, 4745 S Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89119

Aloha Kitchen does have a student special for $5.95 where a student (with a valid student ID) can get a teriyaki bowl or chicken bowl with soda. I usually get their loco moco because I am obsessed with their gravy; it just melts in my mouth.

Baja Bar & Grill: Under $10

Address: University Square, 4755 S Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89119

Baja Bar has a student deal of $2 per taco on Tuesday. Taco Tuesday at Baja Bar has phenomenal fish tacos and if you haven’t tried their potato taco, I definitely recommended it. 

Chao Thai Restaurant: Under $10

Address: 4550 S Maryland Pkwy #23, Las Vegas, NV 89119

I love their lunch specials that are $6.95 (11am-3pm) from Sunday – Thursday. Their special deal comes with an appetizer of soup and salad and a side of rice and chips. I usually get their Pad Thai or Panang Curry; I promise you won’t regret it.

Sakana Sushi: $11-30

sushi, fish, rice, salmon, seafood, sashimi, wasabi, tuna
Jennifer Nguyen

Address: 3949 S Maryland Pkwy Las Vegas, NV 89119

If you want to splurge a little after a good test score, you can’t go wrong with AYCE sushi. Sakana Sushi has a reasonable price of $20.95 for AYCE lunch and $24.95 for AYCE dinner. Whenever I go there, my favorite items to get are the baked mussels and the crunch roll. You can always be creative and get something like the “A Little Tease Roll” or “Call 911 Roll.’

Stephano’s Greek & Mediterranean Grill: $11-30

Address: University Gardens Shopping Center, 4632 S Maryland Pkwy #14, Las Vegas, NV 89119

Greek food that taste like home or something similar to home, Stephano’s is the place to go. They have a lunch special for students where a student can get a gyro bowl or a sandwich that comes with soda for $6.95 plus tax.

Itea: Under $10

Address: 1350 East Flamingo Rd Unit 15B, Las Vegas, NV 89119

I recently went to Itea and I loved their egg waffle. It consists of Hong Kong Style waffles with a scoop of ice cream in the middle. The egg waffle is crispy and it ties in with the ice cream heavenly.