New to K-State or just looking to change things up? I’ve compiled an ultimate list of situations with solutions that can (and probably will) happen as a student on your eating adventure in college.

Have cravings late at night?

K-State

Photo by Topanga McBride

It better be a Thursday, Friday or Saturday night, because starting at 10 PM The Varsity Truck is open. This is way more than just donuts. Mac ‘n cheese grilled cheese is a hometown favorite at KSU. You can get it with bacon, Sriracha or both. They also serve donuts at this hour, including the bacon bomb, a fritter with bacon both fried inside as well as crumbled on top. The Varsity Truck is in Aggieville, which makes it an easy walking distance from wherever you are partying. Plus there is a nice brick wall on the way to The Varsity Truck that makes a great background for selfies and Instas.

Need lunch quick?

K-State

Photo by Topanga McBride

Bosco Plaza has got you covered from 10 AM until 2 PM with several different food trucks. Food trucks include Mr. K’s Café, Dry Creek Buffalo, BBQ’s Roll n Smoke, Tasty Traveler, Los Toritos, Big Boyz BBQ and Vista. Not on this side of campus? Not a problem! Stop at Radina’s in the Leadership Building for a nice coffee or smoothie along with a sandwich or salad. You can also visit their other campus locations in the K-State Student Union or Engineering Hall. Not close to any of those locations? Check out Call Hall Dairy Bar. Ice cream for lunch, you say? Nah, they serve lunch from 11 AM until 2 PM, with options including sandwiches, burgers and brats.

Need a place to study and Hale is full?

K-State

Photo by Topanga McBride

Arrow Coffee is the best place to go when the library is super full and you’re studying for that really hard o-chem exam. They have unique coffee choices. Did I mention your first coffee drink is free? They also have sodas, teas and alcohol. Yes, you read that right, but not until after 3 PM. But since you will be studying, you might want to wait to indulge on that until after your exams.

Looking for a place to meet your Tinder date?

K-State

Photo by Mallory Diekmann

Admit it, you’re on Tinder. Stop swiping right and meet up at Bluestem Bistro. Not only could you enjoy some stellar food at really good prices, but they have great coffee drinks, too. It is a casual date that won’t be too expensive, but it is usually relatively quiet in there, not to mention you’re not going to run into everyone you know while being in there. Get some coffee, beer or tea or even try some pastries and hopefully hit it off with your date.

Need a place to satisfy your cravings on Sunday nights?

If you’re on the meal plan this year, it might be alarming to find out that Sunday dinner is not provided. So here are some options for different cravings you might have on those Sundays.

K-State

Photo courtesy of @jake_bachrodt on Instagram

Let’s be honest, McDonald’s every Sunday should not be a regular thing when there are so many great places to eat in Manhattan. Looking for Mexican food? Fuzzy’s in Aggieville has got you covered. They have $7 student dinners on Sunday, which is usually a nacho entrée. Trust me, it’s huge and it will fill you up for sure.

K-State

Photo courtesy of @sarahsin4 on Instagram

Have a craving for greasy food? Vista Drive In has some great burgers and fries to keep your grease cravings satisfied. They have onion rings and french fries, and you cannot forget their famous Cyclone.

K-State

Photo courtesy of @t_b_elliot on Instagram

How about Italian? Check out Jeff’s Pizza on the backside of Aggieville. It has a great Sunday deal you could split between a friend or two: $15.95 for a 14’ inch pizza with two toppings plus 4 Bosco cheese sticks. They also offer tons of other deals during the week.

K-State

Photo by Tarra Rotstein

Searching for Asian food? Bi Bim Bap has Korean, Chinese and Japanese food cravings covered. I personally love their sushi. Try their rainbow roll; it has four different proteins so each bite is a little different. They also have delivery for those Sundays right before big exams, that way you hardly have to leave your room. Sushi isn’t your thing? They have great hibachi dinners for a great price.

Avoiding the Freshman 15?

K-State

Photo courtesy of @courtskitch on Instagram

Don’t freak, get some grub from Pita Pit. It’s within walking distance and they have your health in mind. Check out the nutritional info online for specifics. Their Mediterranean Greek flavor is sure to satisfy your stomach without too many calories. Plus you can burn some calories while walking to and from there.

Parents visiting?

K-State

Photo courtesy of @kendallsbregovi on Instagram

Parents visiting can be a great blessing. Not only will they stock you up on all the dorm snacks you’re running low on, but they will also take you out to eat. This means they are probably paying. Try Umi, a nice Japanese steakhouse that has great hibachi and sushi. Don’t worry Mom, the atmosphere isn’t too fancy. Casual dress is completely fine.

Looking for the perfect Insta?

K-State

Photo by Taylor Egan

Try a cookie bake from Mr. K’s. It’s only $4, it comes in a few different flavors and they usually have a seasonal flavor. Wait, what’s a cookie bake? A half-baked cookie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream with whipped cream on top (AKA heaven). Flavors include chocolate chip, peanut butter and snickerdoodle. Last fall’s cookie was pumpkin spice. Who’s excited? Me.

Need to satisfy your sweet tooth?

K-State

Photo courtesy of @kellie_goss on Instagram

If  you’re craving something sweet, check out Cold Stone on Tuesdays. They have all the good ice cream stuff and tons of other options. There is a special on Tuesdays from 7 PM to 10 PM: buy one ice cream get another for $0.25, so bring a friend or just eat it all yourself.

Ready to drink?

K-State

Photo courtesy of @the100eatsofcarly on Instagram

Check out Tubby’s for all your 21 and older deals. Every night they have all sorts of drink deals, including $4 Big Boy Margarita’s on Wednesday and tons of other specials each night. For those under 21 they have some great food deals as well.

Feeling carnivorous?

K-State

Photo courtesy of @is_not_adrian on Instagram

Meat lovers, I’ve got your fix at HuHot, a Mongolian grill served buffet style. That means you can load up on as many types of meat as you would like and go back for seconds. They also have tons of different types of veggies for those who don’t love meat so much. Not to mention mixing and matching the sauces is a fun experiment for everyone.

Looking for a greasy slice of pizza?

K-State

Photo by Topanga McBride

When you’re craving a slice of pizza check out Pizza Shuttle. They have great pizza and are super close to campus, plus they deliver until 3 AM on Friday and Saturday. From Sunday to Wednesday they are open until 1 AM. Talk about a late night study break snack.

Learning to eat on your own, especially while living in a new town on a college student budget, can be difficult. Don’t fret, you have four years to experience all the different foods the Little Apple has to offer. Take it one bite at a time and before you know it, you’ll be Manhattan foodie expert.