There are dozens of incredible cafés in Boston; there’s a solid brunch option around every corner. But try surveying ten people in Boston on their favorite café and most of them are likely to praise the beautiful gem that is Trident Booksellers and Café.

#SpoonTip: Want to get Sunday brunch but hate boring waits? You can shop for books and unique trinkets while they get you a table. Want some fresh air? Trident will take down your phone number and text you when a table opens up, so you can spend your time window shopping on Newbury.

Trident

Photo by Kaely Gallagher

Established in 1984, this cozy hangout spot was started as an add-on to founder Bernie Flynn’s bookstore. Over time, Trident expanded to a popular, full-scale restaurant.

Trident offers tons of nightly events every week, including paint nights, plant nights, book signings, coloring nights (for adults!), and trivia competitions. Trivia, friends, and lattes are the ultimate combination, especially on a cold Friday night.

Trident also spotlights local artists every couple of months. The artwork adds to the homey café feel and artsy bookstore vibe.

#SpoonTip: Trident offers links to RSVP to and buy tickets for events on their Facebook page

Trident

Photo by Angela Bersani

They serve everything from all-day breakfast to house-made juices to creative sandwiches. If you’re having trouble choosing, the Samsara gets you half a sandwich and a soup or side salad.

#SpoonTip: Trident has a bunch of gluten free options all over the menu, so everyone can have a memorable meal. They also offer tons of vegan and vegetarian options. The vegan cashew chili is absolutely life-changing; you won’t even realize it’s vegan.

Trident

Photo by Angela Bersani

If you’re still hungry after your giant pancakes or panini, Trident serves a handful of desserts. One crowd favorite is the ice cream sandwich: chocolate or vanilla ice cream between two freshly baked cookies topped with whipped cream. It’s a magical finish to a spectacular meal.

#SpoonTip: Feeling thirsty? Trident boasts a three page-long homemade drink menu, with drinks like ginger green apple lemonade, chai spice tea, and Vermont maple lattes. Splurging on a beverage has never felt healthier.

Trident

Photo by Kaely Gallagher

When it comes down to it, Trident’s quirky bookstore setting puts it on the map, but its ridiculously good menu makes it stand out. With offerings all over the healthiness spectrum (they have egg white omelettes but also caramel, banana, and vanilla pudding stuffed pancakes), and a ton of sandwich and burger choices, Trident satisfies every craving possible.

Trident

Photo by Angela Bersani

Trident is the perfect place to cram for an exam or catch up with a friend over coffee. If you haven’t been there yet, go to Newbury and treat yo’self to some stuffed french toast.

Trident