We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but brunch is everyone's favorite! As an avid bruncher, I've tried just about every one of Auburn's breakfast joints, and I've figured out the best spot for every occasion. Whether you're rushing out the door and need a quick bite or you feel like sleeping in, sipping mimosas, and feeling fabulous, this list has the perfect place for you.

#1 Brunch: The Hound

A photo posted by The Hound (@auburnhound) on

Big surprise, The Hound tops the list as the best brunch spot in Auburn. Ask anyone around town, and they will tell you about the Hound’s legendary Sunday brunch, but many people don’t know that it’s offered on Saturday mornings as well!

From the Granola French Toast, topped with homemade granola, fresh berries, and maple syrup, to juicy burgers and sandwiches, The Hound offers something for everyone. If you are brunching on Sunday, get there early so that you won’t have to fight the church crowd for a table.

Hours of operation: Saturday & Sunday 9:30am- 2:45pm.

Caffeine Kick: The Bean

Take a detour from your everyday Starbucks run and check out Auburn’s favorite coffee cafe. This cozy, vintage eatery feels like it is straight out of “That ‘70s Show,” and it’s the perfect place to relax, study, or socialize while enjoying your favorite latte or hot tea. Not only is the coffee amazing, but The Bean’s ooey-gooey cinnamon rolls are to die for.

Hours of operation: Monday-Friday 7am- 11pm Saturday 8am- 11pm. 

Bottomless Mimosas: Amsterdam Cafe

With plenty of burgers, sandwiches and salads to choose from, Amsterdam’s Sunday brunch leans toward the lunch side, but breakfast-lovers can opt for an omelet or fresh-baked biscuits. The best part of the menu: $15 bottomless mimosas, with the Crab Cake and Avocado Sandwich coming in at a close second. Voted one of the “100 items to eat in Alabama before you die,” the Crab Cake and Avocado Sandwich is a must-try. 

Hours of operation: Sunday 10am-3pm.

Southern-Style: Byron's Smokehouse

A photo posted by baxmax11 (@baxmax11) on

Missing your mom's home-cooked meals while away at college? Cure your homesickness with a taste of Byron's traditional country-style breakfast. With eggs, biscuits, grits, and bacon, Byron's Smokehouse serves everything a Southerner could want, and will make you feel right at home. 

Hours of operation: Monday-Friday 6am- 8pm Saturday 6am- 3pm. 

Game Day Brunch: LiveOaks

A photo posted by LiveOaks (@liveoaksauburn) on

Famous for its great drinks and signature Mac & Cheese Bites, LiveOaks is a relatively new restaurant here in Auburn that is becoming increasingly popular with the college crowd. One of the few Saturday morning brunch options, the restaurant offers a perfect start to game day with $6 Bloody Mary’s, $15 Mimosas by the bottle and $5 Sangria. Oh, and the food is good, too. 

Hours of operation: Saturday 10:30am- 2pm.  

Healthy Start: Tropical Smoothie Cafe

Conveniently located downtown and usually lacking lines, Tropical Smoothie Cafe is my favorite place to grab a sweet and healthy smoothie to start my day. Smoothies are a quick, easy way to get in those fruits and veggies that college kids are always forgetting about. The breakfast menu also has some great options, with yummy omelet wraps and a delicious Peanut Butter Banana Crunch Flatbread. 

Hours of operation: Monday-Friday 7am- 9pm, Saturday 8am- 9pm, Sunday 9am- 9pm. 

Best Experience: Crepe Myrtle Cafe

chicken, burrito
Devin Surber

Head to Crepe Myrtle Cafe for a break from Auburn’s traditional, Southern-style fare. Ranging from (my personal favorite) Nutella and strawberries to fajita-style, enjoy a sweet or savory crepe from an extensive, creative menu. Most of this quaint cafe’s fresh produce is grown right on site, and outdoor seating surrounded by gardens offers a relaxing atmosphere and unique charm. 

Hours of operation: Sunday-Saturday 8am- 7pm. 

Late Night Munchies: Waffle House

If you go to school at Auburn, chances are you have shamelessly chowed down at the Waffle House on Glenn at some point, most likely after 1am. I personally think that Waffle House is not given the love it deserves, I mean you just can’t beat the All-Star Breakfast, with eggs, bacon, toast, hash browns, and a waffle, for only $7! 

Hours of operation: Sunday-Saturday 24 Hours. 

Day-Date: Hamilton's

Brunch is the best meal for a date; it’s unexpected, less formal, more fun, and cheaper than dinner! Hamilton’s is the perfect place to take a brunch date that you’re trying to impress. With reasonable prices and a shorter wait time than The Hound, Hamilton’s also boasts an outdoor patio overlooking downtown Auburn. Try the Shrimp and Grits, and sip on a mimosa to ease the nerves. 

Hours of operation: Sunday 11am- 2pm. 

Hangover Cure: Big Blue Bagels

Of course, I know that everyone has their own special hangover remedies, but it seems like after every long night downtown, I wake up craving a bagel. In this situation, carbs are truly my life-saver. Big Blue Bagel also has omelets, breakfast burritos, and sandwiches, so dieters will have options, too. 

Hours of operation: Sunday 8am- 3pm, Monday-Friday 7am- 9pm, Saturday 7am- 3pm.