You just had a great night out with your friends. Your designated driver tries to be a good person and asks if anyone wants food. Excitement fills your tummy—of course you want food. But what's open at 1:00 am? Well, if you find yourself in Jacksonville, FL, save this link. Finding a late night restaurant in Jacksonville can be hard because businesses don't normally cater to us night owl college students. I personally believe the best food is eaten at 2 am, so I went on a mission to find the perfect midnight munchies.

Shack Maui

A photo posted by SHACK MAUI (@shackmaui) on

This godsend was given to us by two UNF students who decided their fellow peeps needed a place to go for unique and delicious late-night munchie food. Adding a South American twist to some favorite entrees, the food here is like nothing else. They also have traditional dishes like bomb empanadas. The big portions and cheap prices make it an easy choice for any student stumbling in at 2 am. They're open from 4 pm-3 am, so you can fill up before the bars or head over after a long night

If you don't know what get, try the steak quesadilla. The Maui sauce and crushed potato chips give the dish a perfect crunch and taste. And of course, a crap ton of cheese. Add in some perfectly cooked steak and you have a craving crusher at any time of day. And it's served with Shack Sauce, yum. 

Mellow Mushroom

With a menu full of the coolest pizza toppings you can think of, Mellow Mushroom is the perfect late night pizza joint in Jacksonville. If you aren't in the mood for a specialty pizza, you can create your own. Not only do they serve pizza, but they also have calzones, salads, hoagies, and other snacks like the meatball trio. The vibes are fun and the staff is friendly, so you can feel free to roll in anytime between the hours of 11 and 2 am.

If it's your first time at Mellow Mushroom, try The Funky Q. Chicken. I'm always a sucker for anything drizzled in BBQ sauce. This BBQ chicken pizza is full of smoky flavors that will make your stomach very happy. And it has bacon on it, which makes everything better.

Miller's Ale House

chicken
Lindsay Anderson

This restaurant is a go-to late night spot for all things fried and delicious. With tons of choices available, from nachos to steak to fish, there is something for everyone in your drunk and hungry squad. You can also keep the party going with $10 margarita and sangria pitchers available all day, every day. Well, as long as it's between the hours of 11-1 am on Monday and Tuesday, 11-2 am Wednesday through Saturday, and Sunday until Midnight.

If you go to Ale House, you need to get the Zinger Melt. This dish fills my dreams with fried chicken goodness. You choose the sauce the tenders are tossed in. They provide the fries, melted cheese, sour cream, and pico de gallo. Choose between blue cheese and ranch, and you have fried heaven on a plate.

Kickbacks Gastropub

Located next to popular Riverside bars, Kickbacks is the best place to end a rowdy night. This gastropub has a diverse menu and even serves breakfast all day. Poutine, pasta, pizzas, and more are all available at Kickbacks for the hungriest of night owls. It's open from 7-3 am, so there's always plenty of time to visit Kickbacks.

If you're in the mood for something sweet and salty, try the Krispy Kreme Ground Bacon Burger. Yeah, you read that right. This pork and bacon burger is served on Krispy Kreme donuts instead of a bun and topped with remoulade, more bacon, green tomato, lettuce, and pepper jack cheese. Did I mention there is bacon and donuts?

The Blind Rabbit

With locations in both Riverside and Jacksonville Beach, this sit-down burger joint is a perfect way to top off a booze-filled night. A constantly-changing menu lets customers try a new burger every time they go. They also have spiked milkshakes and delicious cocktails and are open from 11:30- 2 am, so you could just start and end your night right here!

When you're doubting what to order, just trust your waiter on this one. Ask them what the burger specials of the night are, and try whatever they suggest. The chefs come up with new burger ideas every week. Trust the chefs, and your taste buds will thank you

And there you have it. The best places to chow down past midnight in Jacksonville. Now, instead of worrying about what's open at 1 am, you just have to choose between pizza, burgers, or empanadas.