I recently went to Philadelphia to visit my sister. Even though I had been to Philly before, I had never been to Reading Terminal Market. All I knew about the place was that it was an indoor market and was featured in one of my favorite movies, National Treasure.
Here are my observations when I went to Reading Terminal Market for the first time:
1. Finally, I'm here.
2. Why is it called Reading Terminal Market?*
*Reading Terminal Market is housed in a former train shed, known as Reading Terminal.
3. Oh my god there are so many donuts.
4. How am I supposed to pick a coffee booth?
5. I see a peanut butter cup with M&M's on it. I'm never leaving this building.
6. Wow, there are great looking fruits and veggies. I would totally be willing to take broccoli back on the train with me.
7. I can see how this was a great hiding place for Abigail Chase in National Treasure.
8. There are so many people here. This is the best type of chaos.
9. Is there a system to this?
10. Too much to eat, too little time.
11. What is with Philly and pretzels?
12. How do I arrange to live here?
13. How old is this market?*
*Reading Terminal Market opened shop in the mid 1800s.
14. I wish it wasn't 10 a.m. because I would totally get ice cream.
15. There are so many cookies to choose from.
16. Why do they say hoagies like that?
17. I can't believe this place is right in Center City.
18. I want to buy every single bag of candy I see.
19. Why did I eat breakfast before coming here?
20. If I lived in Philly I would for sure go broke at Reading.
21. How do I maximize my time here before my train back to DC?
22. When can I come back here?*
*I thought this while still in the building.
23. This market is my new home.
Obviously I really liked Reading Terminal Market. I'm already planning my trip back. Those donuts and hoagies will be there with open arms to welcome me home.