You know what’s better than a fish taco? A shark taco. Picture the best fish taco you’ve ever had and now replace that fish with the lightest, juiciest, most perfectly battered white meat you’ve ever tasted.

I know the thought of eating shark may be intimidating, possibly uncomfortable, and/or alarming but the shark taco at Guerrilla Tacos is the best taco I have ever had the pleasure of greedily stuffing into my salivating mouth.

Guerrilla Tacos, which was once a two-person street car but has now become an established and sought after food truck, serves a selection of fresh tacos with a menu that changes daily. 

tacos

Photo by Giselle Abcarian

On the day that I made the twenty minute trek to the LA Arts District in pursuit of these life changing tacos, the menu featured:

• Brussels sprout and bacon taco with a fried egg, aged cheddar, arbol chile, chives
  • Baja style fried Shark taco with pico de gallo, lime, cabbage, chipotle crema, cilantro
  • Black truffle quesadilla with a fried duck egg, black summer truffles, Oaxacan cheese, olive oil
  • Santa Barbara sea urchin tostada with Hamachi, citrus, habanero , herbs.
tacos

Photo by Giselle Abcarian

Unfortunately, they were out of the Black Truffle quesadilla when I arrived but after trying the two tacos and the tostada, I was on such a taste bud pleasure high that it was impossible to feel any disappointment.

tacos

Photo by Giselle Abcarian

So if you’re tired of the same ol’ Chipotle tacos and are ready for a taco that will rock your world, grab your most adventurous friends, check the location of the Guerrilla Tacos Truck on their Facebook page, and get ready to change the way you ever look at a taco again.

tacos

Photo by Giselle Abcarian