Specializing in bread and baked goods from around the world, Sweet Claire’s brings a unique array of bakery treats to Bloomington. Serving up brunch, lunch, vegan or vegetarian treats, Sweet Claire’s is an important, if not essential, fixture in town.

bakery

Photo by Emma Norton

Stop in on your way to or from class and grab a cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Frequenters advise getting a refill on your way out the door and asking for a styrofoam cup to go. It’s only a dollar and coffee lover in you will not be disappointed.

bakery

Photo by Emma Norton

Not only is Sweet Claire’s high on the list of any avid bakery lover, it’s well-known in the community for having the most amaze-balls vegan goods around. You can even order whatever you want in bulk. It doesn’t get any better than that.

bakery

Photo by Emma Norton

Sweet Claire’s is home to great coffee, treats and brunch, but their bread is something to write home about. The Kolache available everyday is filled with eggs, chorizo, spinach and your choice of goat cheese or mozzarella – go with the goat cheese for an experience you won’t forget. You can thank me later.

However, on Saturday and Sunday Sweet Claire’s is packed to the ceiling with special weekend goodies. Be sure to try out their brioche and challah, stuffed with your favorite treats.

bakery

Photo by Emma Norton

Take my advice and head on over to check out Sweet Claire’s for yourself. Bring a friend or some homework (they have free wifi) and get to eating.

Feeling adventurous? Check out these other Bloomington establishments: