There are no words to describe the feeling you get when you walk into Brookline’s hidden gem – Tatte. Nowhere else can you find a better place to get unbelievable fruit and nut tarts so gorgeously displayed you won’t even want to touch them. Tzurit Or, founder of Tatte, started by selling her exquisite nut boxes at the Copley farmers market. She was such a hit that she soon opened her first location in Brookline.

The café and bakery is absolutely charming, with big glass chandeliers hanging from the ceiling it makes you feel like you just walked into a café in Europe. All different types of pastries and tarts line the walls and counters. In addition, they also offer a breakfast and lunch menu.

tatte

Photo by Phoebe Melnick

But the real wonder of Tatte is that everything is made only from fresh, raw ingredients and the bakers are extremely careful and attentive to detail. Each pastry is crafted to look like it belongs in a museum while also tasting delicious. In other words, if it’s not Instagram worthy or delicious it’s not Tatte.

tatte

Photo by Phoebe Melnick

Nut lovers, Tatte’s famous mixed nut tarts were made specifically for you. The nut tarts are a mosaic of toasted nuts (cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans and pistachios) mixed together with a light caramel and set in a buttery tart shell. If you’re not much of a nut person then their pear tart is for you. It is filled with an Amaretto and rum filling mixed with a hint of lemon and cinnamon and topped with sweet poached Bosc pears and almonds, all held in a rich buttery crust. The stems of the pears make the tart look picturesque, but make sure not to eat them!

A photo posted by Tzurit Or (@tattebakery) on

The café is a great place to get lunch and dessert. No matter what you get at Tatte though, you’ll leave happy and with your next great Instagram pic.

average

Location: 1003 Beacon Street Brookline, MA 02446
Hours of Operation: Mon–Fri, 7 am–8 pm; Saturday, 8 am–8 pm; Sunday, 9 am–6 pm

Want to satisfy your sweet tooth even more? Check these out: