Whether you're in a rush or just have the munchies, it can be hard to find a decadent treat late at night or in the wee hours of the morning. Have no fear, Sprinkles Cupcakes has your back with a 24-hour cupcake ATM. When I visited Chicago this summer, I jumped at the opportunity to get my hands on this magical machine. Watching the door slide up and reveal my little pink Sprinkles box with a triple chocolate cupcake inside was one of the most exciting moments in my foodie life. Don't judge me.

It's Here!

Jenna Rimensnyder

Last week, Sprinkles Cupcakes in Hyde Park Village has officially opened up their Cupcake ATM for locals. Pinch yourself—this is so real. Sprinkles has dropped 12 locations so far and they have decided to bless Tampa with the next one. Sprinkles bakes up unique flavors like chai latte and peanut butter chocolate, and they even cater to the basics with a seasonal pumpkin cupcake. Guys, they even have doggie cupcakes! My English bulldog swallowed his whole, if that tells you anything.

How does the ATM work?

For cupcake addicts like myself, sometimes you just need a fix. This 24-hour Sprinkles cupcake ATM is the only ATM that won't leave you disappointed. The machine is attached to the bakery, so as Sprinkles is cranking out fresh cupcakes, they are also restocking the machine to ensure that you get a cake that has been baked only a couple hours earlier.

The ATM can hold up to 600 cupcakes at a time. Cupcakes of the day will be offered, and if you aren't satisfied with the ones in the machine during regular business hours, you can pop right inside. Each cupcake is $4, and has the signature circular edible dot on top. Totally Instagram-worthy. 

If You Need an Excuse to Visit

I would recommend Sprinkles for a cute first date location. You can order your unique flavor of cupcake or ice cream, and head over to the center of Hyde Park Village to sit by the Christmas tree to get to know each other. Christmas lights are up and the temperature has dropped below 80 degrees, the mood is already set for you!

Your only dilemma will be how to eat your cupcake gracefully without inhaling it. Good luck. If you're in a long-term relationship or just want to take a friend to indulge, you can also take a walk around Hyde Park Village to see all of the new stores and restaurants that have been popping up.

Not a huge fan of cupcakes? Sprinkles also serves up ice cream and cookies—thank god it's not bikini season.