So, a few months ago if you’d asked me about Snap Kitchen or My Fit Foods, I wouldn’t have had any idea what you were talking about. Now, after nearly two months of eating almost nothing but these glorious food establishments, I have seen the light—and lost 12lbs in the mean time. As a college student constantly on the run, I let myself fall into an unhealthy lifestyle of fast food, ramen and late night eating, gaining weight as a consequence. That’s why I was thrilled to discover Snap Kitchen and My Fit Foods because it’s fast food, but with a healthy twist. Meals that are delicious, ready after two minutes in the microwave and extremely healthy? I’m down.

Snap Kitchen

Snap Kitchen

Photo by Christin Urso

I have the most recommendations for Snap Kitchen for a few reasons: one, they are extremely close to my apartment, and two, they have a wider variety of recipes and food. In addition to meals, they have salads, snacks, chips and juices for a juice cleanse, if you’re interested. Here are a few of my favorites for each meal.

Breakfast

For breakfast, I adore Snap Kitchen’s pancakes. Their peanut butter pancakes are the best, but the banana nut pancakes are great as well.

Lunch

I have several lunch suggestions starting with the chicken and green chile “enchiladas,” which are made with paleo tortillas. They look kind of gross, but taste fantastic. The spaghetti and turkey “bolognese” is tasty as well, if you’re looking for something heartier, but if you’re wanting a light lunch, the chicken Cesar wrap is one of my favorite items on the menu.

Dinner

For both eateries, I have less dinner suggestions. This is because they both offer several meals with grilled chicken as the main item, and in my opinion, these don’t taste as good because the grilled chicken is too dry after being reheated again. However, I would suggest the Moroccan chicken bowl, which has the chicken mixed in a zesty sauce, and one of my favorite things at Snap Kitchen: soup. As the temperature goes down, try the broccoli and cheddar soup or the poblano pumpkin seed soup (my favorite).

I would also recommend the “devily” snap eggs as a snack, and the raw coconut macaroons as a dessert.

My Fit Foods

Snap Kitchen

Photo originally featured on My Fit Foods Facebook page

I have fewer recommendations for My Fit Foods, but that’s partly because there’s so much I haven’t tried yet! Here’s a couple of my current favorites.

Breakfast

My Fit Foods is famous (in my book) for their breakfasts. The H town sausage and eggs meal is a personal staple of mine, but they have other goodies as well.

Lunch

For lunch, try the omega me crazy salmon. It’s “crazy” healthy and has a good variety of flavor.

Snacks

I am skipping dinner to tell you about their amazing snacks (which I have eaten as lunches before). Try the almond butter crunch for a light bite, the picnic time for a rounded snack or the protein pack for energy on the go.