The end of summer is fast approaching, and with that the end of another season of Smorgasburg. The lines are sure to be insane as everyone rushes to fit in a trip to Brooklyn to get their share of the various iconic Smorgasburg foods of Instagram fame. To maximize your experience, here’s a roundup of some of the most popular foods, and whether or not they’re actually worth waiting in line for.

Wowfulls

Smorgasburg

Photo by Bridget Muckian

My reaction when the cashier handed me this was, in fact, “wow.” The Japanese egg waffle topped with ice cream, mochi, matcha sauce, and pocky sticks looks overwhelming at first, but actually tastes really good. No way you’ll be able to eat this whole thing by yourself though, so make it a team effort if you want it to be worth your time and money.

Dough

Smorgasburg

Photo by Bridget Muckian

Dough makes great doughnuts, and the hibiscus flavor is definitely pretty, but they also have several brick-and-mortar locations throughout Manhattan, including the Flatiron and Urbanspace Vanderbilt. Waiting in a ridiculous line here isn’t worth it; get your fried dough fix at one of their other locations, and hit up one of the more unique Smorgasburg tents instead.

East Coast Poké

Smorgasburg

Photo by Bridget Muckian

Definitely put this poké stop on your list (see what I did there? Ha). I literally waited months to try this latest food trend, and it 100% lives up to the hype. To maximize your poké experience, ask for a mix of the soy-marinated and spicy mayo ahi tuna. You definitely won’t regret waiting in this line.

Wooly’s Shaved Snow

Smorgasburg

Photo by Bridget Muckian

Wooly’s describes their shaved snow as “a hybrid between shaved ice and ice cream.” It’s a lot lighter and less filling than normal ice cream, which is great since it leaves you more room for other food (duh). Again, not sure anyone can/should eat this much ice cream by themselves, so be sure to share with friends.

Raindrop Cake

Smorgasburg

Photo by Bridget Muckian

If I’m being honest, the infamous raindrop cake was what I was most excited for as I rode the subway into Brooklyn. Sadly, it was a huge disappointment. The “cake” tastes like water and the sauces and/or powders on the side do nothing to improve the flavor. Do it for the ‘gram if you must, but seriously, there are much better things to spend your money on.

Ramen Burger

Smorgasburg

Photo by Bridget Muckian

This line will inevitably be one of the longest in the park, but don’t be alarmed. The makers of the Ramen Burger have their system down to a science—they churn out burgers nonstop, so by the time you get to the front they’ll hand you a freshly made one, no wait necessary. The chewiness of the ramen bun is kind of weird, but in the best possible way.

#SpoonTip: Can’t make it to NYC or LA this summer? Try making your own ramen burger at home instead.