Instead of your classic Dunkin’ Donuts fix, artisanal donut shops have been popping up all over the country, serving their pastries topped with cereals, bacon, and all sorts of candies. Although a little late in the game, Miami finally can join the rest of America in the obsession with crazy craft donuts.

Amongst the numerous other Wynwood treasures, The Salty Donut opened in the heart of Miami’s art district. Their shop is stationed in a cute little trailer, yet they still manage to make all their ingredients in house. The Salty Donut also takes pride in their coffee program, featuring unique flavors and noteworthy baristas.

Finally, Miami locals can save the drive to Pembroke Pines for Mojo Donuts and just head to their backyard to taste pastries like these famous orders:

1. Maple Bacon

The Salty Donut

Photo courtesy of @TheSaltyDonut

Actual bacon covered with a maple glaze? Say no more.

2. Spiked Donut Holes

The Salty Donut

Photo courtesy of @TheSaltyDonut on Instagram

The Salty Donut successfully combines my two favorite things: breakfast desserts and alcohol. These donut holes are paired with a shot of the chefs’ favorite liquors, inspired by cocktails.

3.  Traditional Glazed Buttermilk

The Salty Donut

Finished with a vanilla bean glaze, this donut is absolutely delicious…and huge.

4. Brown Butter & Salt

The Salty Donut

Photo courtesy of @TheSaltyDonut

This donut tastes more like a cake than a donut, however you can still eat it with your hands. Best of both worlds. If you like carmel flavoring, this will be your favorite order at The Salty Donut.

5. Baked Vegan, Gluten Free Samoa

The Salty Donut

Photo courtesy of @TheSaltyDonut

Eating gluten free myself, I was thrilled to find all the GF donut options at this new Wynwood addition. The gluten free chocolate donut is topped with coconut, chocolate and made with oil instead of butter. Oh yeah, and it’s only 120 calories, so get two.

Along with these year long favorites, The Salty Donut has a variety of featured flavors that change by week. Some of the past flavors have been a gluten free, 120 calorie baked carrot cake, blueberry crumb, and Boston cream.

The Salty Donut proves to be an overall amazing addition to the Miami food culture, hopefully inspiring the artisanal donut trend throughout South Florida food culture.