It’s that time of year again. You don’t sleep. You spend hours on end with your face in a book (not to be confused with Facebook). But how do you keep from falling asleep with your face in that book?

Coffee, duh. Lots and lots of coffee. Caffeine keeps us going year-round, but when it comes to finals week, coffee is the most effective fuel.

So, where do you go to get your fix before toiling over an exam or paper? Here are the seven best spots in Athens to get coffee, based on your finals week needs. And remember kids, caffeine is a drug. You have been warned.

1. Never leaving the MLC?

coffee

Photo by Gabi Rosenthal

Have you managed to snag one of the coveted MLC study rooms but are falling asleep at your desk? You’re probably not going to leave within the next 12 hours, so go ahead and grab a “Crackaccino” from Jittery Joe’s on the second floor.

This aptly named drink is a four-shot espresso latte, so don’t expect to sleep or have steady hands. Grab your orange cup, and go study.

2. Stuck in your dorm room?

coffee

Photo by Gabi Rosenthal

Have you been holed up in your dorm for days? Your friends would probably think you were hibernating if they weren’t doing the exact same thing. Have no fear. You can still get great coffee without a coffee maker or having to leave your room. Sunlight is overrated anyway.

Vinacafe’s Vietnamese instant coffee is by far the best powdered coffee we have tried. Get out your mug, microwave some water, open, pour, stir, and voila. Instant awake. You’re welcome.

You can find Vinacafe in packages at Fook’s Food, an Asian grocery at 2026 S Milledge Ave Athens, GA.

3. Starving at odd hours of the night?

coffee

Photo by Gabi Rosenthal

It’s 3 am, and you can’t remember the last time you ate. If it’s hard to concentrate over the sound of your own stomach, you should probably go to Waffle House.

We know, the coffee kind of tastes like hot engine oil, but hey – it’s hot, it has caffeine, and can be served alongside a chocolate chip waffle and some crispy bacon. Satisfy your grumbling tummy by grabbing some of that iconic Southern grease and a cup of joe before you get back to studying…or maybe not.

4. Need a drink?

☕ #coffeesaveslives #athens

A photo posted by Reilly Loeb-Muth (@cindereilly) on Oct 17, 2015 at 12:54pm PDT

Assuming you’re of age, it’s understandable to want a little extra alcoholic kick with your other drug of choice, caffeine. Walker’s Coffee Bar and Pub downtown offers spirited coffee drinks. An Irish coffee to soothe the pain of exams? Yes, please.

5. Can’t find a cozy place to study?

coffee

Photo by Gabi Rosenthal

Two Story Coffee in Five Points offers an amazing selection of coffee brewing methods, espressos, and snacks in a quiet and calming atmosphere. Find yourself a corner table near an outlet, plug in your laptop, and study in peace with a hot cup of any coffee drink you can imagine.

6. Haven’t spoken to another human in days?

Hendershot’s offers coffee in a music venue – the perfect place to take a break with your friends. This spot will have you relaxed in no time while you enjoy a live act. Talk to people about something that doesn’t involve a textbook, and order an espresso or even a “Coffee Elixir” if you feel that alcohol is warranted.

7. Aced your finals? Treat yo’ self.

Whether you did well or you bombed your exams, you can always find a reason to treat yourself. Head on over to Ike & Jane in Normaltown for any caffeinated beverage you can think of plus a deliciously homemade baked good. Their donuts are practically legendary, and they come in all kinds of flavors. Cinnamon Toast Crunch Donut? Well deserved.

If you can’t wait long enough to leave campus, don’t worry. They have a shop inside the Georgia Museum of Art on East Campus.