What are two things that come to mind when I think of college? Dating and food (sorry, academics). Sometimes it can be tricky to figure out where you should eat with your “special someone”. First make sure you DTR (define the relationship) and then check this out: your total guide to date night spots in Nashville, based on where exactly you are with your significant (or not-so-significant) other.

It’s nothing serious:

Do we miss Vandy or DeSano's more?! #spoonfeed #spoonvandy #pizza #yum

A photo posted by Nashville Food Porn????? (@spoon_vandy) on

Not everyone is looking to get tied down in college (cough, boys), so where would this duo eat? DeSano Pizza Bakery. Its laid-back atmosphere is the best place to get a bite to eat, without overdoing it. Pizza is universal so this means that you don’t have to worry about whether or not your date is going to dig it. Its also cheap, yay! Additionally, DeSano’s is BYOB, so it adds some liquid courage and conversation to a conversation you might not be that interested in having. Order the signature San Gennaro pizza to split and make some magic.

First Date:

You mozz eat this chicken? ec: @lexiesamantha #eeeeats #foodporn #chicken #tots #tatertots #nashvilleeats

A photo posted by Nashville Eats (@nashville_eats) on

So you’ve been crushing on this girl or guy forever and finally got the courage to ask him or her out. You had everything planned… except the location. This is where we suggest The Flipside. The interior is funky and retro with vintage diner vibes. For starters, share the Tater Tot Nachos, but make sure you keep a napkin handy. This Nashville restaurant specializes in breaded or grilled chicken breast with different toppings and you can never go wrong with chicken. And of course, share a milkshake so you can move your chair just a little bit closer to your date. It is really the perfect environment to have a stress-free start to something special.

We’re Official:

Okay, now we’re past the first date and awkwardness. Maybe we’re even falling in love. You want to impress your boyfriend/girlfriend during this honeymoon phase of your relationship, so head on over to Moto, on M-Street. With a romantic, trendy atmosphere, it’s the perfect place for this stage of the game. For starters, try one of their three types of meatballs. Next, I recommend splitting two pastas. Keep it simple with the Black Pepper Tagliatelle and go on an adventure with the Blueberry Lasagna. Don’t miss out on their great pancetta and green apple brussel sprouts as a side.

The Real Deal:

He/she is the one. Head over heels, together forever. I’m talking marriage material. Before taking your loved one home to mom and dad, take this special someone to Etch Restaurant! With the perfect mood lighting, you’re in for a romantic night ahead. Etch is famous for their Roasted Cauliflower appetizer, (a portion of the proceeds for this dish are donated to charity!) so make sure to try it. Other recommendations are the Pork Tenderloin and Cobia dish. Share the Mocha Torte to finish off a great night. P.S. Make sure you’re really serious about your partner, this may break your bank!

The Breakup:

Much needed to cool down on a hot day like today @jenisicecreams #jenishillsboro

We’ve all been there. And we all know the cure: ice cream, ice cream and more ice cream. If your love life takes a turn for the worse, head to Jeni’s and order a triple-scoop-cone of the Darkest Chocolate and add the salty caramel sauce on top. This truly is the cure to any broken heart.

So no matter where you’re at in the relationship, make sure to eat accordingly. We all know relationships are hard to come by, (cough cough, still single) so take advantage of having someone to share with.