So, here at Spoon University Texas, we’ve kind of raved about Milto’s before, but there’s another reason to talk about this Mediterranean paradise: they’ve set up a kitchen in their shiny new food trailer at the Zilker Food Park. South Austin dwellers rejoice: there is now a Milto’s near you. Feelin’ spaghetti? Forget about that stuffy, expensive restaurant downtown and just park it at Milto’s new trailer. How about some authentic gyros? Milto’s has those too, reminiscent of the gyros I ate when I traveled to Athens, Greece.

Milto's

Photo by Sean Koetting

Zilker Food Park, located on Barton Springs Road near Zilker Park, is home to a few food trailers, adding more gems to Austin’s food trailer culture. Milto’s food trailer is the newest addition to the park, and more trailers are soon to follow. The trailer’s menu pulls from the restaurant’s classic Mediterranean dishes: gyros, Greek salad, baklava and pizza by the slice.

Milto's

Photo by Christin Urso (A beautiful Milto’s meal served at their restaurant)

Zilker Food Park has pretty limited hours as of now, with the food trucks only open during strict lunch and dinner hours, but as we’re approaching ACL, Milto’s trailer will have extended hours from 11am-11pm all weekend. So, after rocking to your favorite bands at ACL, you can grab some pizza or a gyro.

There’s parking at the food park, so feel free to drive up, order a slice and enjoy Zilker Park’s scenery from the comfort of Milto’s food truck. Who cares about those runners jogging by—eating pizza is way better, anyway.

cheap

Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat 11am-2pm and 5-9pm. (Extended hours during ACL. See above.)
Location: 1210 Barton Springs Rd. Austin, TX