Move aside breakfast and lunch, it doesn’t take living in Los Angeles long to realize brunch is a must. The Los Angeles dining scene is buzzing with outdoor patios and eclectically designed interiors ready to accommodate the most “like-worthy” instagrams featuring your latest weekend brunch dive – dive being the operative word. Lately though, it seems as if the lines are getting longer and the air smoggier, but alas to save the day is the one and only Helene Henderson. Henderson started out serving people at her home with fresh ingredients from her own farm and transformed that into a beautiful gem for us common folk, Malibu Farm.

brunch

Photo Courtesy Haley Strong

Malibu Farm consists of a restaurant at the beginning of the Malibu Pier and a café at the end. For those looking for a sit down full service meal with friends the restaurant is a perfect fit, offering views of the Pacific coastline as incredible as the café. For those in a rush it might be wise to opt for the café, but honestly, the word brunch pretty much implies that there is no rush, so sit back and enjoy the view. (For those interested, they do feature a lunch and dinner menu. I suggest you take a look at the website for a more detailed look).

brunch

Photo Courtesy Haley Strong

For light eaters the acai bowl is a great pick. However, the salsa verde egg-wich is a delicious choice worth every calorie. The sandwich features an over easy egg for all those #yolkporn moments, fresh arugula and avocado, and strips of crispy bacon with cheese all sandwiched between a fluffy brioche bun. The menu is full of drool worthy farm-to-table items from a tofu spinach tomato scramble to a lobster burrito.

brunch

Photo Courtesy Haley Strong

If the drive to Malibu Farm for the amazing food is not tempting enough, consider making a day out of the trip. Spend time at the jaw dropping El Matador State Beach, maybe you will see a baby seal like I did, or visit Getty Villa to avoid sandy clothes, but definitely pack sunscreen regardless.