Las Paletas Interior

Photo by: Emily Ashwell

When driving down 12 South, you could almost pass by an opportunity to try a popsicle that will actually make it feel like spring. When the sun finally came out this week, I was craving the Paz sisters’ creation Las Paletas. The popsicles at this semi-hidden location are some of the best I have ever had. The pops are divided into “creamy paletas” and “fruit paletas.” The creamy variety has the perfect texture of ice cream, while the fruit has the similar consistency of an Italian ice. Of course, when I go, I have to get one of each.

Paleta_1

Photo by: Emily Ashwell

This past visit, I got the chai tea flavor for my creamy paleta. This flavor blends together delicious spices like cinnamon and ginger, and with every lick or bite, I could not help but want more. Luckily, once I finished this creamy chai tea flavor, which happens to surpass any regular iced chai latte, I had the chance to indulge in the Mexican ice pops’ fresh ingredients. This week I chose the grapefruit flavor. Usually, grapefruit wouldn’t catch my eye because of a grapefruit’s typically sour taste. However, the Paz sisters have found a way to make every grapefruit pop sweet, refreshing, and tangy all at the same time. This fruit pop definitely leaves you reminiscing about your summertime days, licking a popsicle as the juice runs down your hands and sticks to your cheeks.

Paleta_2

Photo by: Emily Ashwell

However, these pops present to us sophisticated popsicles. From flavors as crazy as avocado, hibiscus, and even pineapple chili, you can’t go wrong with any of them. Las Paletas knows how to keep its customers returning, even in those cold and bitter winter months. Las Paletas also serves some of its pops in Hillsboro Village at Hold & Cold, but no matter where you decide to have your first paleta, you won’t regret it.

cheap

Location: 2911 12th Ave South, Nashville, TN

Hours of operation: 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM