A steakhouse is a place that excites all meat lovers. It is impossible not to love a juicy, well-cooked piece of meat! Here’s a place to indulge in your love for meat: Stetsons Modern Steak + Sushi.

This modern, well-decorated restaurant is inside the Hyatt Regency Chicago Hotel. The ambience of the restaurant is very elegant but not intimidating, and the charcoal fire on the wall gives you a warm, tingly feeling that makes you fall in love with the place. The lighting could be dim for some people, but I found the brightness quite pleasing and suitable for a quiet, tasteful night of dining. The service is well-rounded; there is never a moment when your water glass is not filled or when you are not asked about the quality of your food, and the server gave proper recommendations.

I ordered half of a medium ribeye steak with béarnaise sauce. The steak came perfectly cooked with just the right amount of pinkness in the center and a fine sear all around, and the meat was tender and juicy. The béarnaise sauce was infused with herbs, and it was the perfect accompaniment to the ribeye steak. The only problem seemed to be that the steak was not fully rested, so quite an amount of juice came out as I was eating it. However, the narrow channel around the edge of the stone plate was an ingenious addition; it helped contain the juices and prevented them from running all over the place!

stetsons steak and sushi

Photo by Haojia Li

It was overall a very pleasant dining experience. If you also have a sweet tooth, I think the creative desserts in this restaurant would surprise you! Here is a peek at what I had for dessert (pineapple upside-down cake):

stetsons steak and sushi

Photo by Haojia Li

The cake was spongy but not too airy, and the light, refreshing coconut sorbet on top is both aesthetically pleasing and complementary to the pineapple cake. The pineapple syrup at the bottom was just the right amount of sweetness, balancing out the acidity of the sorbet. The addition of the pineapple crunch slice was cute and full of flavor — a great after taste for the well-balanced, nicely constructed dessert.

The restaurant is on East Wacker Drive. It is a great place to let loose, enjoy the meat you have been craving, and complete the night with a touch of sweetness!

Expensive

Address: 151 East Upper Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60601

Phone Number: (312) 239-4491

Hours of Operation: Mon. – Sun. 5-10 pm

Hungry for more? Check out these other articles:
Fairlife or Fail-life?
Review: Catch 35
Spoon Treks to the Farmers Market