The island of Maui, also known as the Valley Isle, is rich with crystal clear beaches, exotic hikes, and secret local spots that make a perfect setting for your future artsy Instagram photo. Aside from a trip to see all of the beautiful sights Maui has to offer, a road trip to taste all the delicious foods Maui provides can be equally fulfilling, if not moreso.

If you’re going to be spending your time driving around for amazing sights, you might as well have great food along the way to fuel your spirit of adventure. Here are some must go-to spots for your ultimate food road trip on Maui.

1. 808 Grindz Cafe – Lahaina

Road Trip

Photo courtesy of @84thand3rd on Instagram

Known for their homemade vanilla macadamia nut sauce over their fluffy pancakes and waffles, 808 Grindz Cafe is a restaurant in which you won’t mind waking up early just to beat the line. This homely shop will warm you up faster than their coffee, as it is a local breakfast favorite. When $8.08 can get you a 7-8oz grilled, juicy steak and 2 eggs any style with gravy, how can it not be loved by the locals?

2. Leoda’s Kitchen and Pie Shop – Olowalu

Road Trip

Photo courtesy of @aylanglou on Instagram

When it takes 40 minutes to get from one side of the town (Lahaina) to the other (Wailuku), a little stop in the middle might become well-needed, especially if that stop includes heavenly pies and fresh fruit for sale on the side. If you’re not craving anything sweet, then Leoda’s also offers sandwiches that are sure to make your mouth water.

3. Tobi’s Shave Ice – Paia

Road Trip

Photo courtesy of @mohneeek on Instagram

In Hawaiʻi, a day at the beach isn’t complete without a bowl of poke and some shave ice. The surfer town of Paia is just the place for that with fresh fish found in shops all over. Their mouthwatering seared ahi salad and delicately sweet shave ice will make you want to go to the beach everyday, but with crystal clear beaches within a five minute drive, finding your getaway won’t be a problem.

4. Tasaka Guri Guri – Wailuku

Road Trip

Photo courtesy of @baby_girl808 on Instagram

Heading back into town after a day out adventuring, you may want to get that light and sweet afternoon pick-me-up. Not exactly ice cream, but not exactly sherbet, Guri Guri is the best of both worlds and comes in strawberry and pineapple. It can only be found here on Maui, so don’t miss out!

5. Da Kitchen – Wailuku or Kihei

Road Trip

Photo courtesy of @feedmyphone on Instagram

A food road trip in Hawaiʻi isn’t complete without a plate lunch, and Da Kitchen (found in Wailuku and Kihei) takes plate lunches to a whole different level. Incorporating classic local and Hawaiian favorites and giving generous portions, they really bring life to the local saying, “broke da mouth.” You’ll find yourself eating two or maybe five of their deep fried musubis.