Living off of ice cream and cookies for an entire day is completely possible without leaving campus. Maybe it’s a meal plan you would actually consider. Because you’re a rebel with a cause, whether it’s due to the fact that:

1) You live in the sunny city of LA and therefore you’re entitled to the right to treat yourself to frozen desserts whenever. OR

2) You’re a college student (young, wild, and free), so now is the best time to live in the fast lane, at least once in awhile. If bar-hopping is a real thing, why can’t ice cream shop-hopping (or something to that extent) be a real phenomenon as well? OR

3) You’re actually Buddy the Elf and sugar is an essential (main) part of your daily diet.

ice cream

Here’s the down and dirty on how to achieve this. (Warning: not for the faint of heart or for the lactose-intolerant.)

Breakfast: Seeds Marketplace

ice cream

Photo by Sarah Joh

Experts say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Mornings can be hectic, especially if you’re suffering with 8 or 9 am lectures. Luckily, you can find your first sandwich within the heart of campus, right in Seeds. Here’s a way to put those dining dollars to use before you’re left to frantically spend them buying mediocre snacks during the last week of the semester.

This one requires self-assembly, so order a scoop of your favorite flavor of ice cream, with a side of two of your favorite type(s) of cookies. Once you’ve accomplished that, step one is to spoon ice cream on one cookie. Step two is to top with the other cookie. Step three: Enjoy. Treat yourself to a side cup of coffee if you also need that jolt of AM caffeine.

Lunch: The Lab Gastropub

ice cream

Photo by Sarah Joh

Take a break to walk right outside the gates of the north side of campus to The Lab. Once your waiter arrives to take your order, ask for the horchata ice cream sandwich. If anyone questions your answer, all you need to do is to stare squarely into their eyes and say, “Yes, that will be all.” 

Don’t be surprised at the heft of the cookies that come with this sandwich. Accompanied by a side of dulce de leche, this monster might be the best kept secret (in terms of ice cream sandwiches) around campus and one that you should probably tackle with a fork and knife.

Dinner: CREAM

ice cream

Photo by Sarah Joh

Lastly, there’s CREAM. While your friends suggest meeting at Blaze for dinner, you can head straight for its next-door neighbor and order your desired choice of ice cream and cookies. There’s a lot of options and possible combinations. Make it eclectic, make it memorable, make it one for the books, because with this, you’ve just completed your ice cream sandwich marathon.

Congratulations.

You are the true champion.