As millennials get more and more health conscious, it’s no secret that build-your-own salad restaurants are gaining in popularity. With places like Sweetgreen, Fresh&Co or Chopt’d, there seem to be a ton of options for those trying to find a quick and healthy meal, but none that truly stand out.

Gif courtesy of smoakandarrow.tumblr.com

Enter Honeygrow, who is no doubt changing the salad game. Established in Philadelphia in 2011, Honeygrow brings creativity and a much needed variety to salad restaurants.

It has a ton of options for lettuce, toppings and dressings, and customers can order suggested salads or create their own concoctions off of the trendy touchscreens that processes all the orders.

Honeygrow

Photo by Gaby Maniscalco

I usually make my own version of a Kale Caesar salad, or order the Persampiere salad with baked tempura chicken, homemade croutons, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and onions over a bed of arugula with a light balsamic vinaigrette on the side. I find it extremely difficult to choose between the two as they are both filling and flavorful.

Honeygrow

Photo by Gaby Maniscalco

Not only is Honeygrow a great place to snag a salad, but they have some of the best stir fry I’ve had in my rather unworldly life.

Again you can create your own, but Honeygrow suggests a lot of options for those who may be new to stir fry. My friends and I are usually split between smoked oyster or sesame garlic, and you really can’t go wrong with either one.

Honeygrow

Photo by Gaby Maniscalco

If you’re on the go and only have time for a quick snack, Honeygrow has a great kale’atta smoothie, with fresh kale, banana, pineapple and mint.

They’ve also created the first “Honeybar,” which might be my new favorite snack. You start by choosing three types of fruits as toppings, and decide whether you want wildflower, buckwheat or clover honey. All are equally delicious, but I’ve been told wildflower is the most popular. These get put in a little cup, and you can top it off with maple yogurt, honey granola, nuts, dark chocolate chips or coconut shavings.

Honeygrow

Photo by Gaby Maniscalco

Much healthier and way better than froyo, I can’t help but get honey bar every time I step into the store.

It’s no wonder all of Honeygrow’s options are so delicious, all of their ingredients are locally grown, and it’s easy to tell how fresh everything is. If you’re looking for a place to eat to get yourself ready for beach season, look no further. Honeygrow currently has three locations in the Philly area, and is set to open two in New Jersey this spring and summer.

For more info on Honeygrow and some fun ideas on how make a great salad, check out these links: