Central Market is a gem of Lancaster, PA. If you haven’t been to Central Market, you are doing it all wrong. Central Market is open with fresh produce and amazing food all year round; it’s absolutely incredible. I have complied a list of my favorite places in Central Market, because once I try something that I love I always go back for more!
1. The Lancaster Juice Company has the most incredible smoothies and fresh pressed juices, with an extensive menu to choose from. Their fresh pressed orange juice is out of this world, and they make great green smoothies with avocado and spinach.
2. Riverbound: A Heritage Deli, LLC has quality deli meats and cheeses, and freshly baked bread from a Philadelphia bakery, so you can build your own heavenly sandwich. I suggest ordering a turkey sandwich with munster cheese, lettuce, tomato, extra pickles, olive oil and vinegar, and oregano, salt, and pepper; it’s AMAZE!
3. Catering by Christina offers the best Puerto Rican food I’ve ever had. The Signature includes flavorful rice, perfectly seasoned chicken or pork, and sweet plantains or buttery yucca. Mmmmm.
4. The Goodie Shop is known for their spectacular prepared foods; they sell out of all their goodies so FAST! If you go around noon on a Saturday they will have little to nothing left in their display case, because people clearly can’t get enough of their delicious creations. They create different homemade pastas, grains, chicken, bean salads, soups, and baked goods. So much goodness!
5. EBENEZER Wholistic Foods sells hand-rolled healthy chocolate truffles and energy bars. That’s right, they’re good for you, and they taste incredible. The chocolate products get their sweetness from dates, it’s a “Guilt-Free Indulgence.” The woman who created this business is a recent graduate from Franklin and Marshall College.
6. Ri Juice is perfection for fresh-pressed juice lovers. They carry a variety of different flavors, some with vegetables, some without, and flavors vary according to the season. My favorite rijuice has pear, lemon, kale, spinach, apple, and mint.
7. Kauffman’s Fruit Farm has the BEST apples, and apple cider. The best time to stop by this stand is in the fall when the honey crisp apples are in their prime.
8. Maplehofe Dairy sells a variety of delicious organic nut-butters from peanuts to almonds to even chocolate peanut butter. I always buy my peanut butter here, because I simply can not live without it.
9. Ric’s Breads bakes an exemplary croissant, as well as countless types of breads and muffins. When you buy Ric’s croissant, just make sure you wait to eat it at home so you can heat it up first. Yum!
10. Pretzels on Market sells authentic and delicious Hammond’s soft hand-rolled pretzels. You don’t want to miss out on these!
11.The Candy Stand carries all sorts of hand-made sweets, including the to-die-for Lancaster Chocolate company, Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Toffee. When I bought this toffee, I consumed the whole bag over the course of one weekend, no shame. It was way too good.
12. Stoner’s Homegrown Vegetables is an excellent place to buy your berries and avocados. They sell sweet, plump, and delicious raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries all the time. I’ve never gotten a bad avocado either. It’s a berry lovers dream come true!