It’s easy to make. It’s versatile. It’s fun. Skittles vodka…talk about a spooky spirit!

A good Halloween party has a bunch of different components. You have to have your skeletons, jack-o-lanterns, and witches dotting the front yard. Guests should be in costume. And of course, you’ll want things to eat and drink. Chocolates are easy to buy, props if you can concoct some festive seven layer dip or a cool dessert. When it comes to beverages, though, if you are looking to add some exciting alcoholic options to your menu, Skittles vodka is the perfect way to take your party to the next level.

In a few steps, you can turn your candies into a drink that everyone will love. It’s always a crowdpleaser, and your friends are sure to be impressed. From the different colors to the exciting flavor potentials, it won’t disappoint. Here’s how you do it:

Easy

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes

750 mL bottle of vodka (also known as a “fifth” as it is approximately 1/5 of a gallon)
54-oz. bag of Skittles
Coffee filters (1 per batch)

Directions:
1. Separate the Skittles by color.
2. Pour out the vodka into a large bowl.
3. Throw about half the skittles of a given color in the bowl and let them dissolve overnight (you can stir occasionally).
4. Strain the vodka through a coffee filter a bit at a time until it is nice and clear. If it’s still murky, you can do this a few times.
5. Put the vodka back in the bottle, refrigerate and enjoy.

Feel free to repeat with any color Skittle EXCEPT for purple – the final product doesn’t look that great (you can keep those for snacking). One recommended combination is Absolut Citron and yellow Skittles. The two citrus flavors meld nicely together and it even looks cool in the dark:

skittles vodka

Photo by Sarah Strong

Turns out you can have your candy and drink it too. Enjoy responsibly.