It’s May 28th, you’re wearing a long black robe, and you’ve just completed one of the most difficult (and fun) journeys a young person will ever encounter. It’s time to eat as much as possible in celebration.

Whether your parents are picking up the bill or you and your friends are simply ready to splurge all the money you’ve saved by eating only at Felipe’s for four years straight, here are the Square restaurants with the most pomp and circumstance.

Orinoco

Harvard

Photo by Emma Noyes

Tucked away behind storefronts on JFK, Orinoco can be an easy place to miss. But this hidden gem features excellent Venezuelan cooking, with everything from doughy meat-and-cheese stuffed arepas to tender mahi-mahi.

Don’t be afraid to get a little out of your comfort zone here. The bacon-wrapped dates may sound strange, but believe me when I say that fatty meat wrapped around something sweet is actually a winning combination (maple bacon donuts, anyone?).

Park Restaurant

Harvard

Photo courtesy of parkcambridge.com

Don’t let Park Restaurant’s relaxed living room-style decorating fool you: they take their food seriously. Entreés are as diverse as they come, with hand-torn pasta and whipped ricotta or a rotating special “meat pie” as just two of their options. If you get there early, the bar provides a comfortably chic place to wait.

Don’t miss the cheesy lobster & crab dip. Oh, man. Nothing like hot melted cheese to make you forget about how difficult that thesis really was.

Café Sushi

Harvard

Photo courtesy of cafesushicambridge.com

Boston Magazine’s Best Sushi Restaurant of 2014 is right in our backyard, and it’s clear why: Café Sushi’s fish is so fresh it tastes like it was just pulled out of the Bay. If you’re really looking to splurge on a celebration, their omakase tasting menu is an adventure where your dinner is fully in the chef’s hands.

Any of their maki or sashimi is top-notch, though our personal favorite is the crunch roll. If you prefer some variety, you can also order a few of these pretty creations individually, instead of eight to a roll.

Grafton Street Pub & Grill

Harvard

Photo by Emma Noyes

Charming and often crowded (but not overly so), Grafton has what you want in a fancy grad celebration. Their menu boasts steak, scallops, and other stylish comfort foods, and the drink selection ranges from an extensive list of craft beers to creative cocktails that will help the celebration along.

To start, we recommend the sweet chili fried calamari. And don’t miss the lobster mac’n’cheese if it makes an appearance on the daily specials again.

Alden & Harlow

Harvard

Photo by Emma Noyes

Alden & Harlow took the Square by storm when it opened in 2014, and for good reason. These creative dishes take the idea of “American” cuisine and turn it on its head.

Anywhere you look online will tell you to go for the secret burger, their famous godly stack of 8 oz. brisket, beef, short rib, and deliciously secretive toppings. For the more health conscious, the charred broccoli dish comes served atop the most flavorful butternut squash puree we’ve ever tasted.

And don’t forget come back for brunch the next morning — the braised ox tail sandwich and cheesy grits will call you up out of your post-grad hangover snooze.

Looking for more graduation eats in Boston?