Roboto’s is a Tallahassee favorite. You can only get it here in Tally and it’s the ultimate option when you want cheap hibachi food. But what about what’s next door? You always see a sign for Hiro’s when entering the building and the bright pastel colors on the adjoining wall are hard to miss.

It’s time to stop bypassing Hiro’s when arriving at the equally delicious Roboto’s and give it a chance! We’ve got a couple cult favorite fro-yo places around campus but trust me, this place gives Pomberry and YoMo a run for their money.

Next time you’re going out to grab a bite with friends at Roboto’s next door, you should remember these tasty reasons to splurge at Hiro’s first.

Low-Fat Frozen Yogurt

Yogurt

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

Of course.

Year round, Hiro’s offers the flavors Vanilla, Plain Tart, Chocolate, and Taro which is unique to Asian culture. Ensuring new experiences for every froyo connoisseur, Hiro’s adds a variety of new tastes every one to two weeks. For this week – Chocolate Cheesecake, Red Velvet, Ghirardelli Chocolate, Peanutbutter Chocolate Cookies-n-Cream, and Raspberry Pomegranate Tart.

Yogurt

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

If you want the ultimate sugar-loaded experience, pour on the toppings. Ranging from brownies to mango to mochi (jellies made with Japanese rice), these tidbits offer a “taste of the culture.”

#SpoonTip: Don’t break a topping jar, because if it’s the last one, you’ll have to pay for it. I should know; it happened to me.

Yogurt

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

Oh, and did I mention that they also make milkshakes and smoothies? From the assortment of selections in the store, they blend your favorite flavor with any two toppings you desire.

Yogurt

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

Boba Tea

Or in other words, “bubble” tea. It’s the real thing too, not some frothy knockoff. What’s boba tea, you ask? Essentially, it’s a foamy Taiwanese drink with chewy tapioca balls (it’s a choice to add these, so don’t sweat it). Offering milk, fruit, and hot versions, they provide an extensive list of flavors including lavender, honeydew and taro (which is my personal favorite). I recommend getting an iced milk tea.

Yogurt

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

And finally…

Macarons

Oui. I know. What the fudge is a french dessert doing in an asian café? Pardon my french. In the end though, does it really matter? C’mon.Through a diversity of kinds, they indulge our every craving. Give me white chocolate or creme brûlée, s‘il vous plaît. Even better, they sell treats specific to the season. For fall, it’s pumpkin cinnamon and peanut butter cup.

Yogurt

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

#SpoonTip: Use the stamp card for deals on your next purchase

La fin.