“Mangez bien, riez souvent, aimez beaucoup.” Eat well, laugh often, and love always.

The Paris Creperie is a quaint, hole-in-the-wall restaurant on Harvard Street in Coolidge Corner in Brookline that serves some of the best crêpes in the Boston area. During a trip in Paris, Charles Silverston discovered his love of crêpes, which inspired him to open The Paris Creperie in 2001. Ever since then, The Paris Creperie has had a cult following and this has contributed to its success today.

Creperie

Photo by Renzo De Jesus

When we visited The Paris Creperie, we were greeted with the smell of fresh crêpes that were being made in the open-air kitchen. The café, though small, reminded us of Paris. The small, metal chairs were typical of Parisian décor, and the tiny tables emulated how standard café in Paris would be set up. The warm yellow walls and the constant chatter of people made The Paris Creperie as authentic and cozy as possible.

We tried many items on the menu so that we could present you with this — a list of the seven best items that you have to try at The Paris Creperie.

1. Nutella Hot Chocolate

Creperie

Photo by Renzo De Jesus

Mon Dieu, who knew hot chocolate could be so rich, so creamy, or so thick?. This drink is perfect for the Boston winter. After a couple of sips, this specialty hot chocolate will warm your body and soul in a matter of seconds.

2. Nutella Frozen Hot Chocolate

Creperie

Photo by Renzo De Jesus

Cool down this summer with an equally tasteful frozen delight. This drink reminded me of the times that I would eat Fudgicles after a long day at the pool. It’s not just for warm weather though — this icy concoction is good during the winter as well.

3. French Toast Crêpe

Creperie

Photo by Renzo De Jesus

After one bite of the french toast crêpe, we fell in love. The fact that there was egg inside of the crêpe may turn off some customers, but it shouldn’t! We couldn’t even taste the egg. This sweet, protein packed crêpe was definitely one of our top two favorites.

#SpoonTip: Add fresh strawberries and blueberries for extra sweetness!

4. Storming of the Basil Crêpe

Creperie

Photo by Renzo De Jesus

If you want “more bang for your buck,” this dish is for you. A classic pun on the historic Storming of the Bastille, this crêpe will surely quell your hunger. The portion size is enormous, but the crêpe itself is hearty and healthy. With fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers, pesto sauce, and sautéed mushrooms, the Storming of the Basil is certainly a favorite.

5. The Lili’s Crêpe

Creperie

Photo by Renzo De Jesus

Neither of us are vegetarian, but we were willing to try something different. The crêpe was infused with parmesan and contained an abundance of veggies like avocado, spinach, broccoli, asparagus, and Roma tomato. Even for those who are anti-veggies, this is definitely a must try. The ingredients blend in a way that you can’t distinguish the flavors that you would typically associate with vegetables.

6. Nutella Cannoli Crêpe

Creperie

Photo by Renzo De Jesus

If the Paris Creperie can make a french toast crêpe, why not make one out of a Boston favorite? The cannoli crêpe was interesting because the taste of the ricotta filling was masked by the sweetness of the strawberries. So it didn’t feel like eating a cannoli, but rather a strawberry cheesecake. We definitely recommend to anyone who loves cannolis!

#SpoonTip: Strawberries highly recommended for extra flavor. Personalize your crêpe with writing for any occasion. 

7. Bear Claw Crêpe

Creperie

Photo by Renzo De Jesus

The bear claw has been done many ways before. Into a donut, a waffle, and a pancake. But never before have we seen it done into a crêpe. This crêpe blew our tastebuds away. You need to try this for yourself because it was number one on our list.

#SpoonTip: Bananas bring this crepe together — an absolute must!