Just like bar hopping, cafe hopping means moving between several different cafes instead of spending the entire day at one coffee shop — perfect in a city like for New York, where there are so many options to choose from.

New York City and cafes seem to go hand-in-hand, with hundreds of coffee shops serving thousands of people every day. So, if you're looking to start your New York City cafe hopping adventure, here are some joints that should definitely make it onto your list. 

1. Maman NYC 

tea, coffee, wine, beer
Cynthia Lee

This rustic-looking cafe is located in Tribeca and serves up a variety of drinks, meals and snack foods, along with some giant pillows. "It's really a collaboration between people who are passionate about food and coffee," said Maman co-founder Benjamin Sormonte. 

Maman doesn't just serve coffee, but breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks, and brunch. Café in the front, restaurant in the back. What more could you ask for?

pastry, cookie, candy, cake, sweet, chocolate
Cynthia Lee

Many of the dishes are named after family and friends who have contributed their recipes to the restaurant. 

pepperoni, pie, pastry, dough, crust, cheese, pizza
Cynthia Lee

I enjoyed the lavender hot chocolate and pistachio cake: the light icing complemented the cake's soft flavors perfectly. 

butter, cheese, cake, bread
Cynthia Lee

Spoon photographer Cynthia Lee loved the pistachio cake, too, as well as the Nutella beignet with its fluffy doughnut texture, smooth Nutella, and crunchy bits on top to pair with her latte. 

espresso, pastry, cream, cake, coffee, sweet, chocolate
Cynthia Lee

Maman also has locations in SoHo and Greenpoint. 

211 West Broadway, New York, NY 10013. 

2. Loosie's Cafe

coffee, tea
Cynthia Lee

Loosie's Cafe is a brand new cafe that has just opened up in Brooklyn near the Williamsburg Bridge, with what it calls a "New Orleans" aesthetic. Walking through a tunnel of brush and vine, we entered Loosie's interior, with sunlight illuminating its cute wall menu and mural. 

cake
Cynthia Lee

There is seating available outside, as well as a quieter working area hidden behind a curtain inside. Overall, it's a relaxing place to get work done, or to chill with a friend or two. 

cake, beer, tea, coffee
Cynthia Lee

The kitchen was closed when we visited, but they serve a variety of baked goods, smoothies, booze, and other goodies.

cookie, chocolate, milk
Cynthia Lee

93 South 6th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11249. 

3. Cafe Integral

cake, wine, beer, tea, coffee
Cynthia Lee

Cafe Integral is all about Nicaraguan coffee, and works directly with their farmers to source their beans, which they roast in Brooklyn, according to barista Lesleigh Hammer, who has been with the cafe since December. "This is a family-owned  business that loves the process and the place our coffee comes from," Hammer said.

sweet, cream, milk, coffee, chocolate
Cynthia Lee

The cafe has a clean, white aesthetic. We tried their most special drink, "The Olivia", which is a shakerato with their house-made almond milk, dashes of cinnamon and date syrup, and Nicaraguan espresso.

sweet, espresso, chocolate, tea, coffee
Cynthia Lee

Definitely swing by if you're in the SoHo area. 

149 Elizabeth Street, New York, NY 10012. 

4. Pourt

coffee, cake, tea, beer
Cynthia Lee

We arrived at Pourt in the midst of a terrible downpour, and what a relief it was. The cafe has a clean, cozy feel to it. Co-founder Matt Tervooren gave us a quick tour of the hybrid cafe and work space.

cake, tea, pizza, beer, coffee
Cynthia Lee

"It's really a commitment-free place to get work done," said Tervooren. $10 per hour gets you unlimited drinks, fiber optic internet, free color printing, outlets and seats. There is also a conference room in the back for meetings. 

cake, sushi
Cynthia Lee

The cafe in front overlooks Cooper Square and goes dim at night for a more relaxed vibe, serving third wave coffee, in-house food, and light booze. 

35 Cooper Square, New York, NY 10003.

5. City of Saints

coffee, beer, cake, tea
Cynthia Lee

City of Saints is a community-oriented coffee chain which began in Hoboken, New Jersey and currently has two other locations in Bushwick and the East Village. 

The shop looks modern and utilitarian from the outside, but still has a friendly neighborhood feel inside. 

honey, tea, jam, sweet, milk, coffee
Cynthia Lee

"We learn them by drink first and then by name," said manager Caroline Purvins, who has been working at the East Village location for almost three years. 

sweet, espresso, cream, cappuccino, milk, tea, coffee
Cynthia Lee

There's just enough music for comfortable background noise and conversation. Both Cynthia and I enjoyed our drinks, an iced latte and a summer special lavender agave iced latte. They come up with different syrups every year, but the lavender was so popular that they bring it back every summer. 

79 East 10th Street, New York, NY 10003.