It’s the most wonderful time of the year – okay, it may not be the right season for that song. Though for many, this is the best time of the year. One of the reasons being: as we transition from the hot, blistering summer days and welcome in the crisp, cool fall weather we are also changing our routine drink orders.

It’s no secret that fall is synonymous with pumpkins. Everywhere you look, there they are. Not only are pumpkins popping up as decorations, they are taking over drink menus at our favorite coffee shops.

For drinks, fall is a great season because you can either go hot or cold. The ever-popular Pumpkin Spice Latte is back at Starbucks, and you can get this seasonal treat on ice or piping hot. If you’re more of a Dunkin’ Donuts type of person, don’t worry, you can get your pumpkin kick too. For your next trip to DD, you can try their brand new Pumpkin Crème Brulee latte.

season

Photo courtesy of thedailymeal.com

And what would a college campus be without a multitude of places to get your fix of caffeine? For those who prefer Saxby’s over Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts, have no fear. Keeping up with the trend, Saxby’s has their very own version of a PSL.

If you’re not a coffee fan, you won’t be left out this season. Pumpkin drinks aren’t just reserved for coffee. Pumpkin beers are popping up as another outlet to get festive. You can also have fall inspired mixed drinks and shots. Pinnacle offers pumpkin pie flavored vodka, if you’re daring enough. Hate pumpkin altogether, but don’t want to be a fall weather Grinch? Change your Starbucks order up and try a Salted Caramel Mocha or Teavana Oprah Chai.

So embrace the seasonal change and try to spice up your drink order the next time you step up to the counter. And if that just isn’t enough to show how excited you are for fall, find your inner pumpkin loving chef and try some of these great recipes.