If you're from the Northeast, you understand the importance of the first apple cider donut of the season. Nothing starts off fall just like the warm, fluffy bite of a perfectly crafted A.C.D., but finding the best of the best can be difficult on this autumn-obsessed coast.

So for all you West-coasters, Midwesterners, and even the Northeasterners who just want to try something new, this one's for you.

5. Mood's Farm Market

Mullica Hill, NJ

Odds are, the only time you've ever been in Mullica Hill has been while you were passing through on your way to the Jersey Shore, but this place makes it worth a visit.

Mood's Farm Market is constantly whipping out their apple cider donuts and rolling them in the perfect amount of sugary coating right behind the cash register.

The best part? Free samples. Let yourself nibble on a few of those still warm donut pieces while you wait for your fresh dozen. C'mon, you know you want to.

#SpoonTip: Wash down that donut (or two) with an Apple Crush. 7-Eleven could learn a thing or two from this jazzed up apple cider slurpee.

4. Lyman Orchards

Middlefield, CT 

At 275 years old, Lyman Orchards definitely has the most experience out of these five Northeastern favorites. Covering over 1,000 acres of land, Lyman's truly is a New Englanders paradise.

Don't forget to pick up one of their award winning apple pies while you're in donut heaven. You know what they say, an apple a day...

3. Honeypot Hill

A photo posted by @yukifajita on

Stow, MA

Keep heading North from Lyman's paradise and you'll run into this gem. Grab your dozen apple cider donuts before heading into the hedge maze-you'll thank me later.

#SpoonTip: Go during the week to avoid the lines and apple cider donut hanger.

2. Johnson's Corner Farm

Medford, NJ 

Who needs Dunkin' when you can have this masterpiece? Johnson's serves up toasty donuts and frozen ciders, all alongside an adorable petting zoo and playground to keep people of all ages entertained.

1. Linvilla Orchards

Media, PA

When it comes to the typical autumn field trip and apple cider donuts, Linvilla pulls out all the stops. With caramel apples and pumpkin funnel cake to round out the experience, you simply can't leave here with anything but a smile.