A 5-star hangover breakfast is just what the doctor ordered, but there's probably no eggs and bacon in your fridge. Paying for your own food in college sucks, but living off off your own pay check isn't all that bad when you know the most affordable places to go. Eating-in is nice and all, but what about when you're running from class to work to Club Mid?

It's much easier to stop somewhere and grab a quick bite than it is to go home and cook a meal, especially in such a risky environment where napping may be a better option than filling up.

Here are a few cheap Baton Rouge restaurants near campus where you can eat on the low-low.

1. Kolache Kitchen

bread, knish, cheddar
Alyssa Parker

Kolache is open everyday from 6 am till 2 pm. You can literally use your spare change here since everything on the breakfast menu is under $5. They offer savory and sweet options, to satisfy your meat-loving and low-cal fresh fruit needs.

Average meal price: $3

2. Waffle House

coffee, toast, tea
Mary Catherine Toso

Waffle House is cheap as hell! What other establishment offers eggs, grits or hash browns, waffles, bacon or sausage, and toast all for just $7.50 The All-star Breakfast will get hungover you feeling like an all-star by the time it's over. Expand your horizons a little farther down College Dr., past the interstate.

Average meal price: $8 (excluding tip)

3. Po-boy Express

Robert Sciambra

PBE took home the gold when they were labeled best po-boy of the 225 by 225 Magazine. Po-boy Express swears by their fresh ingredients, and if you're in a rush, no worries. They have a drive-thru. Although they're famous for their po-boys, they also offer subs, burgers, seafood platters, salads, and a ton of sides. However, they do charge for ice water, so you won't fool them with your "water cup" tricks.

Average meal price: $9

4. Roul's Deli

sandwich, cheese, cheddar
Colby Sterling

Roul's offers tons of different foods like burgers, seafood, gyros, and salads. Monday and Wednesday mark burger combo day, and $.75 wings stand on Tuesday. This is the #1 place to get a sloppy burger, optimal for the post-wine night detox. They have various daily specials, but Roul's burger is a BR staple.

Average meal price: $5.75

5. American Market

sandwich, ham, cheese, lettuce, bread, turkey, tomato
Robert Sciambra

AM Mart is your classic mom and pop shop. They offer a sandwich in the simplest form, and they are damn good at making it. AM Mart offers a few different kinds of meat and cheeses, dress it, then they do some magic with a panini press.

Average meal price: $7 (plus chips and a drink)

6. Chinese Kitchen

rice, beef, sauce, meat
Taylor Moran

Chinese Kitchen is the best Chinese food around campus: they "delivery" and offer the biggest bang for your buck. If you want quick bite, this is your place. The wait is super short, and they're located right on Brightside on the Tiger Trails bus route.

Average meal price: $9

7. Atcha Greek & Lebanese

bread
Zoe Zaiss

Atcha is the closest Lebanese restaurant that offers lunch specials, walking distance from campus. Atcha is La Salvadoreña's neighbor, also serving food on the low-low. 

Average meal price: $7

8. Walk On's Wednesday

A photo posted by Walk-On's (@walkons) on

Every Wednesday, Walk On's on Burbank near Nicholson gives LSU students a huge discount. They take 50% off of your entire bill, including any alcohol. There's no better day to be a tiger (except Saturday). 

Average meal price: $8

9. La Salvadoreña Pupuseria

Vernell Dunams

La Salvadoreña may be the most authentic Salvadoran restaurant in Tiger Town. They are one of the only restaurants in BR that sells pupusas, which is basically a fat tortilla filled with cheese and meat. It's located right off the West side of campus on Nicholson. 

Bottom line: It's super cheap, and you could get dinner or lunch for a few bucks, depending on what you get. They even sell MexiCoke (Mexican Coca-Cola made with cane sugar, instead of high-fructose corn syrup).

Average meal price: As low as $5 (excluding tip)

10. Fuzzy's Taco Shop

While La Salvadoreña keeps things classic, Fuzzy's tops all of their tacos with cilantro and feta, baja style. Plus, I'm pretty sure this is the only place in Baton Rouge that sells shrimp tempura tacos. Fuzzy's also offers everyday deals like cheap drafts and $5 margs, so you're basically drinking for free.

Average taco price: $3

11. Happy Hours

chocolate, sandwich, cinnamon
Colby Sterling

This list wouldn't be complete if I didn't mention the amazing happy hours around campus that offers food for almost nothing. Barcadia's happy hour (Monday-Friday, 3-7 pm) serves half off all appetizers. Plus, they have $1 domestic drafts (which I think is the cheapest beers around). 

Most of the restaurants in BR offer happy hour M-F during the late afternoon, spanning into the early evening. Google other restaurants around campus for some super cheap happy hour deals.