Unfortunately, the Hamptons have a rep for outrageously expensive restaurants everywhere you look. I’m here to tell you that, thankfully, that’s not always the case even though, yes, you will always have places like Nick and Toni’s and East Hampton Grill. These restaurants are known for their crazy prices, but there are also tons of affordable options that will leave you both happy and full.

These restaurants are great to try out whether you’re on a budget or not. And who knows, you might just spot some of your favorite celebs grabbing a bite at the next table.

1. Bay Burger

Hamptons

Photo by Rachel Linder

Sometimes after a long day at the beach, all you need is just a juicy burger and some crispy fries. For a low-stress, low-cost meal, Bay Burger in Sag Harbor allows for your toughest choice to be: fries or tots? Yup, you read that right – they have homemade tater tots. Just delicious, little bites of happiness. So, take my advice and give them a shot, you won’t be disappointed.

#SpoonTip: If you want a real deal, head to Bay Burger on a Wednesday night and enjoy a free scoop of their homemade ice cream with any topping. Come on, free ice cream…what could be better?

2. Sotto Sopra

Hamptons

Photo by Rachel Linder

It’s important to find a good deal, so you should look everywhere – even at restaurants that may seem a bit expensive normally. Sotto Sopra in Amagansett is one that Sarah Jessica Parker frequents, but also has a Happy Hour deal that beats all others. Here’s what you gotta do: go to the bar tables from 5:30 pm-7:00 pm and enjoy half-price drinks and discounts on all pastas. A pasta dish that was once $30 is just $10 at Happy Hour. I’m not sure about you, but that would make me pretty gosh-darn happy.

3. John Papas Café

Hamptons

Photo courtesy of Patricia B. on yelp.com

Okay, so it’s breakfast time, and you’re looking for a restaurant where you don’t have to pay $25 for pancakes. Tucked away in the town of East Hampton, John Papas should be your go-to. With a diner-esque menu from 6 am-11 am, you can enjoy anything from pancakes to eggs and more, and most importantly for reasonable prices. John Papas also serves Mediterranean foods for lunch and dinner, so you really can’t go wrong with this adorable hidden gem at any time of the day.

4. Fierro’s Pizza

Hamptons

Photo by Rachel Linder

Though the Hamptons are stereotypically known for their expensive cars, gourmet meals, and celebrity visitors, if you ask me, I think Fierro’s Pizza should be added to that list. There’s nothing better than New York pizza, and Fierro’s in East Hampton always hits the spot. The options are endless with their array of toppings to choose from, and I can guarantee you will leave with a happy and full stomach every time. You also better keep your eyes open for Gwyneth Paltrow and her kids, who often stop in for a slice.

5. Dockside Bar and Grill

Hamptons

Photo by Rachel Linder

If you thought that all of the restaurants that have water views in the Hamptons are ridiculously expensive, you thought wrong. Dockside, though not inexpensive, is definitely a reasonable option for delicious food with bay views in Sag Harbor. There’s nothing like sitting dockside (get it?) munching on a fresh lobster roll. That’s what I call getting the true “Hamptons experience.”

6. Felices Ristorante

Hamptons

Photo courtesy of @eatingforengland on Instagram

Felices Ristorante in Amagansett has such a variety of Italian dishes that you can come back night after night – and with $15 weekly specials Monday through Thursday, why not? Each day offers a different meal for just $15 dollars from local seafood to pizzas and pastas AND each comes with a garden salad and bread. I mean come on, how can you not take advantage of that steal.

And right next door is Astro Pizza if you’re looking for a handheld slice, as that’s always an option too. It’s truly all good, so buon appetito. However, if you are faced with the struggle of not being able to finish that oh-so-yummy pizza pie, have no fear! Just pack it up and check out this recipe to turn leftover pizza into breakfast pizza.

7. Candy Kitchen

Hamptons

Photo courtesy of @hamptoneats on Instagram

Talk about a classic. Candy Kitchen in Bridgehampton has been around since 1925 and is still one of the best luncheonettes in the area. Known for their homemade ice creams and sorbet, this one is consistently a fan-favorite of adults and kids alike. The best part is it’s incredibly reasonable and is open from 7 am to 7 pm. So definitely head to Candy Kitchen and grab a booth where Justin Bieber, Julianne Moore and former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani sat before you. Casual.

8. Hampton Chutney

Hamptons

So maybe you’re in the mood to try something a little different for lunch or dinner tonight. Hampton Chutney in Amagansett offers South Indian dosas that are extremely healthy and delicious. What is a dosa, you ask? It’s pretty much like a super thin pancake that is crispy on the outside and packed with all different fillings on the inside. From the spiced Indian potato filling to fresh tomato, arugula, cheese and avocado, there is truly no wrong way to fill your dosa. It’s great food for a great price, so give it a try. Here are seven other Indian dishes you should try when you go there.

Fun fact: Last time I was here, I saw Paul McCartney. So if I were you, I’d come here eight days a week. Sometimes I can be punny.

9. Boom Burger

Hamptons

Photo courtesy of Anthony W. on yelp.com

The world’s best combination once again returns: burgers and shakes. The options at Boom Burger in Westhampton Beach are endless, and with the burgers starting at just $3.99, when would this place be a bad idea? I’ll answer that for you: never. And even if you’re not in the mood for your classic burger, they have hot dogs, grilled cheese, salads, wraps, quesadillas – I could go on. But instead, I’ll save you the list of mouthwatering choices and you’ll just have to take a ride over there yourself.

10. Goldberg’s Famous Bagels

Hamptons

Calling all bagel lovers: this one’s for you. Goldberg’s Famous Bagels has four locations across the Hamptons and, let me tell you, they are definitely the best around. I grew up eating bagels and flagels (flat bagels) from Goldberg’s and walking in now always brings a smile to my face. And you know what is sure to make you smile? Bagels starting at $1.15 – that’s all you need for that doughy goodness to be yours. So grab the fam and bring them to Goldberg’s for your next Sunday brunch.

11. Conca D’Oro

Hamptons

Photo by Rachel Linder

Walking down the street in Sag Harbor, you might think that Conca D’Oro’s is just another pizzeria, but I’m here to tell you that it’s much more than that. Not only does this place have A+ pies, but their pasta dishes and salads are also perf to enjoy on a night out with friends. The restaurant’s cozy atmosphere brings Conca D’Oro’s to the top of the list.

12. John’s Drive-In

Hamptons

Montauk is known as one of the more informal towns out on the Hamptons and John’s Drive-In fits the quick, casual, eats-by-the-beach image perfectly. Okay, let me ask you a question: What do you do if you see a sign that says “Homemade Ice Cream, Burgers, Fries, and Milkshakes” on the outside of a building? You stop. You always stop. Food from John’s is great to bring to the beach or pick up on your way home.

13. La Capannina

Hamptons

Photo courtesy of @hunte_with_an_e on Instagram

Known for their garlic knots (some even say they’re the best on Long Island), La Capannina in Wainscott is a great place to grab a quick bite especially on your way to or from NYC. Located just off the highway, this place is consistent with their variety of pizzas, salads, and soups to hold you over until you get wherever you need to go. When you think about it, tasty foods, reasonable prices, and convenient location – can you ask for anything more?

14. Mr. John’s Pancake House

Hamptons

Photo courtesy of @samara_rae on Instagram

Okay, so it’s breakfast time and maybe you are further east than John Papas in East Hampton. Visit another John at Mr. John’s Pancake House in Montauk, which might be more convenient to get to. And boy, can the Johns do breakfast. Don’t think for a second that this place is just pancakes because with a full menu, Mr. John’s Pancake House is the opposite of limited.

15. The Chowder Bowl

Hamptons

Photo courtesy of @tess_adelle on Instagram

One thing the Hamptons are well-known for are their gorgeous beaches. So who says that if you’re hungry, you should have to leave? The Main Beach concession stand known as the Chowder Bowl is one of the few places that serve food right on the water. This way you can enjoy a perfect beach day and a just as perfect meal without ever leaving the sand. Can you say “vacation goals?”

So, next time you’re in the Hamptons on a budget, and even if you’re not, make sure to give these restaurants a taste. And remember: a trip to the Hamptons is never complete without a celebrity sighting, so keep your eyes open – maybe you can even bond over restaurants and food? Just a thought.