Since moving to Boston from L.A., I have discovered several startling differences in the cuisine. Here's to nostalgia and new beginnings. 

1. The seafood here is insanely fresh. 

Seafood doesn't always have to break the bank to be sensational. I would recommend going to Trade in downtown Boston for affordable, delectable seafood. A half dozen oysters only costs $16. 

2. You know what's not so fresh? The fruit. 

There are no fruit stands on the streets with chili and lime in Boston. I didn't realize that moving to Boston would mean no fresh, local fruit options. The supermarket closest to my dorm carries produce the West Coast would find insulting. 

3. Similarly, the avocados here are inedible to any sane Californian. 

Unless mushy and brown is your thing, avocados aren't worth eating during your time here in Boston. 

4. There is a severe lack of Korean BBQ. 

Can someone please explain to me why Genwa doesn't exist in Boston? The Korean cuisine is super creative and they make it super easy to order with their optional pre-fixe menu

5. Thankfully, there are solid Thai places on almost every corner. 

Many of the Thai places here are walking distance from colleges. It's my new staple, and I'm fairly sure the waiters at Brown Sugar Café know me by name now. 

6. Speaking of Asian food, Allston is where to find it cheap. 

I was overjoyed when I found a Hot Pot restaurant in Allston, considering it is one of my favorite things to eat in LA. Shabu Zen, the restaurant above, is a quick walk from the Harvard Avenue T Stop in Allston. I personally guarantee it will leave you full and happy. 

7. Fresh sushi is more expensive and tough to find.

Generally speaking, bomb-a** sushi is super expensive and hard to find in Boston. However, there are some exceptions. Oppa Sushi, a quaint, hole-in-the wall sushi bar located in Allston, has by far the freshest and most affordable sushi I have had in Boston. 

8. If you're seeking something different, Shake Shack is surprisingly almost as good as In In-N-Out.

But for real, where's the special sauce at? For those of you who don't know what that is, you're definitely not from California. 

9. Even sadder than my longing for special sauce is the complete absence of decent Mexican food.

If you're wondering where in Boston you can find these glorious tacos, you're sh*t out of luck. However, if you happen to be in L.A., a $2 taco from a street stand might be the best meal of your life. 

10. On a positive note, there are some unbelievably authentic Italian options in the North End.

Since moving to Boston, I've found that locals tend to prefer old-school Italian food whereas us L.A. folk tend to go for contemporary cuisine. There are endless Italian options in Boston, ranging from traditional Italian cooking at Mother Anna's to modern Italian Tapas at Coppa Enoteca.

Despite what this article may have lead you to believe, Boston is a dope place to go to college. However, I  suggest considering growing your own produce.