Have you ever heard that the food in London sucks? That, my friends, is one of the biggest lies in all of food history. London is home to some of the most AMAZING food in the world. How, you may ask? London is a city filled to the brim with diversity. You can't take a trip on the Tube without hearing an average of eight, yes eight, different languages.

Culture brings food with it, and thus London's food scene is exploding with flavors from across the globe. Naturally, I took it upon myself to eat my way through this spectacular city. This is some of the best food in London that you cannot miss.

Damson & Co. 

Every good day starts with great coffee. At Damson & Co., you get so much more than just that. They offer a unique selection of their favorite drinks alongside fantastically fresh food and pastry options. Damson & Co. switches its menu out from coffee to cocktails as the night rolls in, creating a charming atmosphere to sit with friends and enjoy the evening.

Dishoom

I can't say you heard it here first, but London is known for some of the best Indian food in the world. Dishoom is one of the most popular Indian stops for local Londoners, with lines wrapping out the door and around the corner on the weekends. Dishoom offers a variety of dishes with vibrant flavors and perfect sharing sizes. It's a great stop for a group of friends looking to get in on some of the best Indian food around. 

Crosstown Doughnuts

I think I have talked about these doughnuts more than I have talked about my actual time in London, they were that good. I've been quoted saying, "I had a spiritual experience eating this doughnut."  Each doughnut holds a unique combination of unexpected flavors that seamlessly collide to create an unforgettable experience. 

Fernandez & Wells

Nestled in the charming storefronts on a quiet side street in SoHo, this is where I experienced my favorite meal in London. Everything served on your plate is inspired by Spain, comes from the freshest ingredients, and is prepared simply. Each bite leaves you so enamored that the only word fitting to describe the experience is 'enchanting.' 

The best part is that the food is made right in front of you. I watched our waiter take the jamón down from curing in the window and slice just enough to pair perfectly with the sharp cheddar in my omelet. My eggs were the color of the sunrise and it tasted like pure bliss. If farm to table is your thing, this is the place to go. 

Sketch

If you follow any sort of blogger on Instagram, chances are you have seen this place in your feed more than once. If you are in London, you absolutely must attend an afternoon tea, but no one says it has to be ordinary. 

At Sketch, they push the boundaries of what it means to have a 'High Tea' and leave you with an experience unlike any other. The decor itself is enough of a reason to shell out every last pound in your wallet. The food, of course, is both beautiful in looks and in taste as it is served on china with silly sayings like "Ghosts" or "Forget about it" printed on.

#SpoonTip: Sketch has the most Instagramed bathroom in the world, so do some stalking and check it out. 

Bao

At Bao, they put their own spin on the classic Bao sandwich by creating a funky and tasty handheld meal. On top of the fluffy Bao, they offer a variety of other dishes unique to the Taiwanese cuisine. Popular with the hipsters of London at any time of day, be sure you go in for a meal before the dinner rush, or you'll find yourself waiting in a line a mile long.    

Ole & Steen 

Just steps away from Piccadilly Circus Station and in the heart of the London theater scene, Ole & Steen is a one stop shop for the perfect date. They offer coffees, sandwiches, and salads, but most important is their window case filled with beautiful and decadent Danish pastries. If you're ever in need of a quick treat before or after a show, Ole & Steen will not disappoint. 

No. 11 Pimlico Road

Dessert, cream, chocolate
Hailey Ennis

If you're looking for a brunch to leave you full for the rest of the day, No. 11 is the place to go. They offer a unique brunch menu with items such as cheese platters or tapas; but they off the classic menu items too. However, they don't leave any detail unnoticed at No. 11 Pimlico Road.

They take classic brunch and give it a sweet twist. You can taste it for yourself in their ricotta blueberry pancakes that I probably inhaled in less than 10 minutes. To top it all off, they offer pitchers of specialty juices mixed with champagne for a balanced boozy brunch.

Foyles Cafe

Calling all bookworms! This place was made with you in mind. Foyles Cafe sits on the top story of the famous Foyles Bookstore with plenty of comfy open seating to curl up and read a book. If you ever get lost in Foyles, you won't go hungry. The cafe offers an extensive array of food ranging from breakfast omelets to salads and of course all sorts of coffee, tea, and pastries in between. So grab a book and head upstairs for a good read with a cozy cup of tea. 

Wild Food Cafe

Tucked away at the top of a staircase in a cozy room painted in pink, the Wild Food Cafe was the healthiest spot I found during my stay in London. The 100% vegan cafe offers the most vibrant meals made from nothing but the purest ingredients. Their full flavors paired with radiant colors makes for a meal that's pleasing to the eyes and mouth. This is the perfect place for that point in your trip when you need a good dose of healthy food. 

Poppie's Fish & Chips 

They say that what touches the lips goes straight to the hips, but that doesn't matter when you're eating Poppie's fish n' chips! As a British classic, you can't go to London without stopping for some fish n' chips, and Poppie's offers some of the best in town. Go ahead and order that extra large fish n' chips because you may end up dancing on the tables to disco music with friends working off those greasy calories. 

Kanada-Ya

I am ramen obsessed, so I mean it when I say this is some of the best ramen I've ever eaten. Kanada-Ya is crammed into a tiny nook on a corner in London creating a bustling atmosphere. The noodles are hand made right in front of you at their tiny kitchen in the back wall of the restaurant.

With soups ranging from full vegetarian to all pork ramen, there are options for everyone. With a rich base broth and noodles cooked to perfection, each bowl of ramen is guaranteed to leave you feeling full of cozy sunshine to compensate for London's gray skies. 

Said.

The ultimate one stop shop to fulfill every chocolate lover's wildest dreams. Said. is a chocolatier shop (conveniently located around the corner from Fernandez and Wells) originally from Rome. They offer chocolate in every way, shape, and form.

My personal favorite was their "hot chocolate," which, in reality, is more like melted chocolate in a cup (definitely not complaining). If that doesn't sound heavenly enough, you can get your cup coated in white, milk, and dark chocolate. To top it off, order a chocolate spoon so you can stir your cocoa while you sip it and then eat the spoon after.

Whether you're looking for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a café, these spots have some of the best food in London and won't disappoint. Next time you hear someone say that the food in London is terrible, grab two tickets, hop the pond, and try out these amazing spots for some of the best food in London.