Who loves cheese and bread? Everyone. If you say you don’t you’re a big fat liar (Amanda Bynes and Frankie Muniz, anyone?). Specifically, I like to think of the bread and cheese diet as a college student’s #1 go-to bff. Screw the ramen. Love the cheese.

Thankfully, us H’burg peeps happen to be #blessed to have the presence of the oh-so-holy (and cheesy) Grilled Cheese Mania (GCM) in our city. Trust me when I say IT’S AMAZING AND YOU’LL DIE OF HAPPINESS AND CHEESE. I consider myself a grilled cheese connoisseur so don’t take this information lightly.

So for all of the bread and cheese lovers out there (i.e. everyone), here are the 9 reasons why you need to have lunch at GCM on a regular basis:

1. The Port Ruby

bread cheese

Photo courtesy of @grilledcheesemania on Instagram

Pan seared portabella mushrooms + sautéed sauerkraut + ooey gooey swiss cheese + 1000 island dressing on all two pieces of perfectly grilled rye. Are you drooling yet? If that doesn’t do it, maybe this french onion grilled cheese will.

2. The Larold

bread cheese

Crispy bacon, crunchy lettuce, juicy tomatoes, and creamy mayo all smothered in cheddar cheese and grilled to perfection as if Queen Bey made it for you herself.

3. The Casey Snowcap

bread cheese

A perfectly buttered garlic baguette with layers of roast beef and and creamy mozzarella cheese. I’ll take five, tysm. Maybe you should also try this mozzarella mushroom grilled cheese. Idk, just spit balling ideas. (Yes, you should).

4.  The Mama Mania

bread cheese

Cheese cheese mozzarella cheese with a spread of basil pesto and topped with fresh, plump, juicy tomatoes. If you’re feeling #spicy, try it with a dash of sriracha sauce on top. I recommend this sandwich for all my fellow vegheads out there.

5. The Sweet Mucci

bread cheese

Perfectly cooked bacon and cheddar cheese on a donut. A DONUT, PPL. I rest my case. If you like the sweet and savory combo, try out these other yummy recipes.

6. The Classic Johnny

bread cheese

A simple, yet delicious sandwich for those who are too afraid to commit to other toppings. You pick american, muenster, or cheddar cheese, and they’ll melt it reaaaall nice.

7. The Suzie Pepper

bread cheese

Sautéed green pepper and onions, muenster cheese, tomato slices + a dash of oregano (cause why not) all melded together in a crispy torta roll. OH ya. These grilled cheese roll-ups are pretty bangin’ too.

8. The Triple Lindy

bread cheese

A trio of cheddar, colby, and monterey jack cheeses (YES THREE), fresh spinach, and #bacon grilled on buttery sourdough bread. Excuse me while I fangirl hard over this.

9. Miss Tess’s Tomato Mac

bread cheese

Rich homemade tomato soup…topped with mac n cheese. K, sold. You know what else goes great with tomato soup? Leftover pizza croutons. Mmmmm.

#Laurentip: bring about $500 because you’ll want to try them all.