Rita’s Water Ice is stationed in 27 states, making it one of the most successful franchises of water ice across the country. But here in Chester County, Rita’s is more than just a franchise, it’s our stomping grounds. Some good times are to be had whether you find yourself at the D-Town or Dub C’ location. Here’s 7 reasons why it’s the OG place to be chillin’ out, maxin’, relaxin’ all cool:

7. The fast-paced service

water ice

Photo courtesy of @ritasice on Instagram

If you need a sweet tooth fix ASAP, Rita’s is your go-to. The people behind the counter are pros at dishing out your flavor of choice fast, which means more time to chill with your friends and fam and less time waiting in line.

6. Community vibes

water ice

Rita’s brings out the happy in all of us in good ole’ Chester County because it’s forever been a local favorite. There’s always a chance you’ll run into old pals or even meet some new ones. What’s a better bonding treat than water ice & custard, after all?

5. It was basically a rite-of-passage

water ice

Going to Rita’s is like going back in time. There was no better feeling than the anticipation of a Rita’s run on a warm day after school or following a big game. Nothing said treat yo’self in high school like grabbing water ice with your squad.

4. *fresh air*

water ice

Photo courtesy of @belowfivewithsass on Instagram

Ah yes, that thing called “fresh air” that we all sometimes forget about now and then. It’s easy to when your buried underneath mounds of due dates and exams, but Rita’s makes it possible to take a study break because it’s outside only, as we all know. Grab a refreshing water ice and relax sunbathing in the parking lot, you deserve it.

3. Perfect for any occasion, any time

water ice

Photo courtesy of @beckyfox39 on Instagram

Just married? Rita’s. Hot day? Rita’s. Bad break-up? Rita’s. You get the gist, our favorite spot is our favorite for a reason: it’s there for any event in life, big or small.

2. The First Day of Spring

water ice

Photo by Katie Vander Neut

You’re driving around D-Town, confused as to why there’s no one around, and then you realize: it’s the First Day of Spring, AKA a national holiday at Rita’s. Why? Because it’s free. No matter how old you are, this is the place we head to on that (hopefully) hot day in mid-March.

1. THE WATER ICE & CUSTARD

water ice

The main reason this is the best hangout in the area? The water ice, custard, and all the concoctions that come from it. We basics try to stick to the four main Rita’s food groups: mango, blue raspberry, cherry, and lemon. But don’t stop there, add a dollop of custard on top or order any of the other 60+ combos on the menu.

Whether with our parents as youngin’s, our BFF’s as teens, or now in college, Rita’s remains the OG spot to take a breather and enjoy life. It’s the little things that brighten our day, and in this case, it’s a frozen treat. There’s a reason Rita’s slogan is “Ice. Custard. Happiness.”