If you haven’t, this is the sweetest time to discover them because Atlanta’s very own branch of Georgetown Cupcake just opened in Buckhead on March 7th and it’s a measly 17 minutes from campus.
It’s understandable that with so many other cupcake options in Atlanta, some may be wondering what sets Georgetown Cupcake apart. For those people, here is a list:
1. Every cupcake is only around 250 calories, which makes Georgetown Cupcake a much healthier alternative to competitors such as Sprinkles and Gigi’s, whose cupcakes average 500-600 calories each.
2. Georgetown Cupcake offers one free, off-the-menu cupcake per day to the first 100 customers who request it. All you have to do is check Georgetown Cupcake’s Facebook/Twitter to find out the “secret” flavor of the day and redeem it through your cashier.
3. Georgetown Cupcake produces a wide variety of flavors, offering classics such as Vanilla Birthday alongside more eccentric flavors such as Cherry Blossom. There is generally something for every palette.
4. Georgetown Cupcake mixes up their menu by offering seasonal flavors that rotate every month. During April they will be baking up Hummingbird, Cherry Cheesecake, Cherry Blossom and Caramel-Filled Easter Egg.
5. Georgetown Cupcake offers both a vegan and gluten-free cupcake every day for those with dietary constrictions.
6. Most cupcakes are only $3 each, a bit cheaper than competitors such as Sprinkles ($3.75).