In the latest ridiculous viral video sweeping the nation, a drunk University of Connecticut student, fueled by a craving for mac and cheese, is seen yelling at cafeteria employees. He was later arrested for breach of peace. While I don’t condone that kind of rude behavior, I do relate to his love for the ultimate comfort food. Check out the mac ‘n’ cheese dishes around the city worth getting arrested for (but, please, order them politely).

1. S’Mac

Thank you @realgirlproject and @chanelinezp for informing me of $1 mac and cheese from S'Mac today. ??????

A photo posted by Jessica Kane (@jessicankane) on

If you’re an NYU student but have never had S’Mac before, are you really an NYU student? S’Mac (aka Sarita’s Macaroni & Cheese) has been a staple of the NYU diet since 2006 and it’s pretty clear why. Look at that streeeeetch.

2. Root & Bone

Who can resist this gooey bowl of pasta from this Southern restaurant in the East Village?

3. by Chloe.

Even vegans can enjoy mac with sweet potato-based pasta and shiitake “bacon” at the hottest new restaurant on Bleecker St.

4. The Smith

Mac' n on a Monday ? @thesmithnyc

A photo posted by May (@may226) on

I spy mac n’ cheese. The Smith is known for this particular dish; can you tell why?

5. Bobwhite Counter

Soul food has come to Alphabet City and damn, it looks good.

6. Brooklyn Mac

Bacon + Gouda ? #Bacon #macandcheese

A photo posted by Rob Smith (@fullcircleshirt) on

If not jail, I would at least trek to Brooklyn for this photogenic mac.