Everybody knows that the excitement we get when our parents come to visit us is mostly excitement about eating “real” food for a weekend. Escaping the dining hall to a real restaurant, is a must when your parents are here to treat you, so take full advantage of this time (and money). Enjoy these restaurants while blissfully thinking about the money you are not spending.

Cibo Wine Bar

Restaurants

Photo courtesy of cibowinebar.com

No joke, this might be my dad’s favorite place ever. The various dishes of pasta, the chicken parm (a personal fav), and everything else is amazing here. Side note- your dad/mom will probably love the wine selection.

Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse

Restaurants

Photo courtesy of ruthschris.com

I can promise you that going to this steakhouse alone would break your bank, but Ruth’s Chris is a chain with a glorious menu that any family member will like. This place is a fan favorite in my family not only because of the steak, but also because of assortment of sides, and the sizzling plates that your food arrive on.

The best side is arguably the shoestring fries.

Green Street Cafe

Restaurants

Photo courtesy of @thenaughtyfork on Instagram.

Why not #treatyourself to breakfast with the fam-squad? Green Street Cafe in the Grove has the coolest brunch options, including this Nutella Filled French Toast. College kids love brunch, moms love brunch, everybody loves brunch.

Rusty Pelican

Restaurants

Photo courtesy of @rustypelicanmiami on Instagram

Not only does this BBQ Chicken sandwich with bacon look stunning, but the view on the water at this place is amazing. The Rusty Pelican is trendy AF and you can enjoy great food with the Miami skyline in the background. Plus, the Rusty Pelican’s happy hour isn’t too shabby either, if you’re looking to add some drinks to your family reunion.

Jaguar Ceviche Bar & Latam Grille

Restaurants

Photo courtesy of @thehungryjaps on Instagram

If your family is looking for some Latin/Miami vibes, the Grove has got you covered. Between the ceviche bar, quesadillas, etc. you cannot go wrong. The picture above is ceviche with shrimp, just one of the types of ceviche you can order.