Bluestem Bistro has been my go to study location since my first semester here at K-State. It’s located just past Buffalo Wild Wings and Cold Stone on Moro Street.

While it might not be your first stop for a weeknight filled with drinking and partying, it should be your prime spot for sitting back and knocking out a much needed cram session before your next big test. Here’s five reason’s why I can’t stay away from Manhattan’s chillest coffee joint.

1. $1 Pastries after 8 PM

Bluestem Bistro

Photo by Jessica Sion

Life is all about the little things and at Bluestem you get a giant bang for your little buck. You really can’t go wrong with anything at that price, but throw a scone in the microwave for 10 seconds and enjoy it with a coffee and all of the sudden that chemistry quiz becomes a little less daunting.

2. The Snickers Latte

Bluestem Bistro

Photo by Calvin Freeman

I’m a dude and I have no shame in admitting that something called a “Snickers Latte” has the power to make my day. Espresso, chocolate, caramel, hazelnut, and steamed milk; put them all together and it equals happiness.

3. Caffeine Supplies and Good Vibes

Bluestem Bistro

The key to any successful coffee shop is the atmosphere and Bluestem has this category mastered. Bring a couple acquaintances and you’ll feel like your in a real life episode of Friends.

4. The Mac and Cheese

Bluestem Bistro

Photo by Tiare Brown

We’re not talking about your average bowl of Kraft, straight-out-the-box, macaroni here. Whoever’s cooking this stuff up deserves a promotion or a raise or something. This dish has achieved the perfect balance between the right amount of cheese and enough tinkering/spicing to give it some real flavor.

5. Smoothies

Bluestem Bistro

Photo by Yontan Soler

I’ve been the “make your own smoothie at home” guy for a couple months now, I’ve got my own little Magic Bullet and everything, but I’ll spend the money at Bluestem when I’m looking for something healthy and non-caffeinated. They’re fresh and they’ve got enough choices to where it’s worth mentioning.

These are my favorite parts of Bluestem, but trust me I left plenty unsaid. If you need a change of pace or a new place to take someone for a quick bite, Bluestem Bistro is that place.