There’s not many places like the Jersey Shore. Between the beach, the boardwalk, and the TV show fame, there’s a reason why it’s one of the most famous places on the East Coast. When it’s time to take a break from the “T” in your GTL routine, these are some places to get the best eats Monmouth County has to offer.
1. Cookie Monster Ice Cream at Hoffman’s
Too long without this flavor and we turn into monsters, too.
2. Truffle Fries at D’Jeet
Typical fries get a major upgrade at this light, airy cafe. Enjoy the parmesan-topped goodness on the outside patio for the ultimate summer lunch.
3. Peanut Butter Ice at Strollo’s
This soft-serve/Italian ice mashup screams summer.
4. Classic Tacos at Surf Taco
Keep it old-school at this beachside location, but don’t forget to add chips and guac for the perfect beach picnic meal.
5. Lemon Blueberry Dream Pancakes at Turning Point
Carbo-load for your beach darty with these light and fluffy pancakes, which use the season’s freshest blueberries.
6. Hangover Hookup Juice at Stay Gold Cafe
Recover at this beachside restaurant and juice bar. This hydrating blend can cure even the worst headache.
7. New Orleans Cold Brew at Rook
Bring your Rook to the beach to keep your energy levels high through hours of sun.
8. Spring Breeze Roll from Kanji
Get tropical with this pineapple and avocado-filled roll.
9. Nutella Pizza from Porta
Their regular pizza is delicious, but the Nutella-topped crust is where it’s really at.
10. Cookie Butter Crepe at Whipped Crêperie
Trader Joe’s favorite spread gets an upgrade at this spot, where you can get crepes both sweet and savory.
11. Breakfast Sandwich at Bagel Masters
Bagel Masters has its name for a reason. These bagels are hand-rolled, kettle-boiled, and baked for the ultimate crispy exterior/fluffy interior combo. The variety is huge, from pumpkin to banana nut, but this NJ staple is the way to go.
12. Avocado Toast at Over Easy Kitchen
This brand new breakfast and lunch spot is a welcome addition to the 732’s brunch scene. Embrace your inner white girl with the avo toast.
13. Broadwalk Donut at Broad Street Dough Co.
If you’re tired of ice cream, get your vanilla-and-rainbow-sprinkles fix with this donut.
14. Pastries from Mumford’s
The delicious scent of baked goods is the first thing you notice when you walk into Mumford’s Kitchen. Follow your nose and order any of their baked goods, from chocolate chip cookie to coconut cake.
15. Margarita Pizza at Denino’s
New Jerseyans are passionate about their pizza, and Denino’s delivers big-time. Thin-crusted but still substantial, this tomato-and-basil-covered pie is a staple in any Monmouth County diet.
16. Chocolate Açaí Bowl from Dean’s Natural Market
Keep it healthy at this super-cute grocery store, whose in-store juice bar rivals the best of any specialty smoothie shop.
17. Pork Roll & Cheese at The Committed Pig
Spend your summer making your way through this section of The Committed Pig’s menu, which serves the NJ favorite as well as six fresh takes on the classic.
18. Chips and Guac from Juanito’s
It’s Cinco de Mayo all summer long at Juanito’s, which has some of the best Mexican food in the state.
19. Nutella Bowl at Playa Bowls
Healthy enough to be breakfast, delicious enough to be dessert.
20. Thin-Crust Pizza from Pete & Elda’s
Crunchy with just the right amount of chewy, Pete & Elda’s has mastered the art of thin-crust pizza.
21. Chocolate Chai at Inkwell
This late-night coffeehouse hangout is perfect for summer nights, so get one of their caffeinated chai teas to keep your energy up for hours.
22. Beer at Beach Haus Brewery
$8 flights and a picnic table setup make this the perfect bar for a summer hangout.
23. Omelet and Home Fries at Park Place Diner
Somehow, breakfast food tastes best at 1 am.
24. Carrot Cake Pancakes at Toast
Carrots are a vegetable, so these must be healthy. Beach body, here we come.
25. Fluffiest Eggs Pizza from Talula’s
Start your day the right way: with pizza. And eggs, of course.
26. Apple Cider Donuts from Delicious Orchards
These donuts will bring back childhood flashbacks for any Monmouth County native, who undoubtedly celebrated the onset of fall with dozens of these donuts and cups of apple cider. Luckily, you can get your fix before apple-picking season at this must-try market.
27. Chicken Summer Roll at Ocean Cafe
If we could, we would drink the peanut sauce that comes on the side of this light but satisfying meal as soup.
28. Custom Pita at Greek Eats
Think Chipotle, but inside of a fluffy pita instead of a burrito. Stay cool with an order of iced Greek coffee.
29. Lemon Poppy Scones at the Scone Pony
Perfect for the morning after a late night at the Stone Pony.
30. Grilled Avocado Sandwich from Seed to Sprout
Think grilled cheese + avocado – gluten = 10000x delicious.
31. Tiramisu from Good Karma Cafe
Somehow, the vegan remix beat the original.
32. No Place Like Home Eggs from My Kitchen Witch
Cheddar and apple eggs are deliciously unexpected, like most of the menu at this homey and healthy beach town café.
33. Any Breakfast Combo from Sweet Lew’s Cafe
So many breakfast foods on one plate. Amen.