Sushi in a dry desert… doesn’t seem so appetizing, huh? Well, coming from New Jersey and living relatively close to the fresh saltwater shores, I was hesitant to eat any type of sushi here in Tucson. Is it even real? I originally doubted the fish here as much as the bagels!  We are land locked here in the Dirty T, and all Arizona for that matter, so how could I ever trust eating fish? After exploring many different restaurants, both good and bad experiences, here are a few recommendations if you’re craving some fresh fish.

1. Obon Sushi Bar Ramen

Located downtown, this place offers some of the freshest and well-presented sushi I have ever tried. Personally, I recommend the Fukushu Roll, a spicy mix with spicy tuna and serrano spicy mayo. Check out the other delicious rolls they have to offer! Don’t forget, if you’re not the biggest fan of sushi, try their ramen!

fish

Photo courtesy of Obon Sushi + Bar + Ramen

2. RA Sushi Bar and Restaurant

A drive up to the Catalina Foothills is always fun! Located in La Encantada, this place is great for birthday celebrations or a nice and relaxing date night. Be sure to try their Crispy Spicy Tuna, you don’t want to miss out! Almost forgot to mention the edamame dip…yum!

fish

Photo courtesy of RA Sushi Bar and Restaurant

3. Sushi Cho

As you’re on your way to pick up some groceries at Safeway, come check out Sushi Cho right across the street and located right behind Carls Jr.! Personally, I would go with the tuna, but the Cho- Combo also looks like an awesome deal.

fish

Photo courtesy of J L. on yelp.com

Be adventurous and go check out these restaurants! I promise you won’t regret it. What’s better than cheap and great tasting sushi during lunch and happy hour? Nothing.