As college students, we’ve all been there before. It’s 3 AM and your communications paper is due in the morning, but all you can think about is food — fries, donuts, burgers, you name it. You can't possibly do any more homework until you've had something to eat, but where do you at 3 AM in Austin? We've got the answer. Here's a list of places open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you satisfy those nighttime cravings.

1. 24 Diner

If you’re craving something a bit heartier, head on over to 24 Diner. Comfort food like chicken and waffles or veggie hash are sure to satisfy your empty stomach. Come one, come all — there are many delicious options for vegans and vegetarians, too.

2. Epoch Coffee

You’re gonna need something to give you that extra boost of energy, and Epoch is the perfect place to get your caffeine fix. Famous for their house iced mojo, they also offer a variety of pastries and pizza hot out of the oven if you need more sustenance. With its home-y vibe and its abundance of seating, Epoch is the perfect place to crank out that essay while sipping on your latte.

3. Star Seeds Cafe

Star Seeds Cafe is a local Austin favorite, serving up breakfast tacos, pancakes, and all other breakfast staples 24/7. With a cozy diner feel, it's the perfect place to grab a bite after a night out — after all, Legendary Austin Late Nights is what Star Seeds is all about.

4. Kerbey Lane Cafe

cinnamon roll, cinnamon
Taylor Choi

Two words: Kerbey. Queso. A heaping dollop of guacamole smothered in creamy, white queso. As if that isn’t incentive enough, Kerbey also features specialty pancakes like the cinnamon roll pancake and beignet pancake, a buttermilk pancake topped with espresso glaze and powdered sugar. Open 24 hours, you'll never have to be without breakfast food again.

5. Monkey Nest Coffee

On a college campus, you can never have too many coffee shops, especially ones that are open 24/7. Monkey Nest Coffee is your typical college coffee shop, where you'll be surrounded by other students on the same boat as you. Locally-owned, Monkey Nest offers and warm and friendly environment for you to get your shit done.

6. Ken's Donuts

Because who doesn’t love donuts, right? Ken’s Donuts is open around the clock and is conveniently located on the Drag, right next to Whataburger (also open 24/7). With just $1, Ken’s will fulfill any donut-lover’s deepest desires. If you're craving something savory, their samosas will hit the spot. 

7. Aguilera's Mexican Restaurant

A hidden gem amongst all the Tex-Mex restaurants in Austin, Aguilera's serves up fresh, delicious Mexican food ALL. NIGHT. LONG. With homemade corn and flour tortillas, their tacos are some of the best. Their chips and salsa are a must-try, too. As an added plus, eating here won't break the bank.

8. Magnolia Cafe

In the wise words of Ron Swanson, “There has never been a sadness that couldn’t be cured by breakfast food.” Let Magnolia Cafe take away all that sadness from studying. Eggs Benedict, migas, home fries, and bacon, oh my. Who says you can’t brunch at 1 AM on a Tuesday?

9. Whataburger

A Texas staple, the Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit is perfect for munching on after a night out on 6th (speaking from personal experience). Add some French fries and you've got yourself a balanced meal — make sure you dip them in their spicy ketchup.