It’s never too cold for frozen yogurt! 16 Handles is a self-serve frozen yogurt chain with several locations throughout New York. As their name suggests, they offer 16 flavors daily, rotating a few seasonal and specialty flavors every couple weeks, while keeping their more popular flavors available every day. Their flavors appeal to all palates, from exotic “Coco Loco” and our childhood favorite “Chocolate Love Affair”, to the classic “Euro Tart.” After choosing your fro-yo flavor (or flavors), head over to the toppings bar for everything from nuts and cake to cookie pieces, gummy worms and even mochi. You can even come prepared with a delicious concoction in mind by checking each location’s flavors that are posted online.

16 handles

Photo by Sunny Tang

Currently, 16 Handles’ Bleecker Street location is kicking off the fall and winter festivities with its popular pumpkin and cinnamon doughnut flavors. For those of you who are avid pumpkin pie lovers, their “Fist Pumpkin” flavor won’t disappoint; it’s creamy with soft notes of cinnamon, ginger and cloves. You might have to remind yourself that you’re at a fro-yo shop, and not Thanksgiving dinner. Their Cinnamon Doughnut flavor will transport you to the apple orchard and scenes of apple cider with the sweet, fluffy doughnuts sold at farm stands. The subtle hint of brown sugar creates a rich flavor associated with that of home and fall. Even better: “Fist Pumpkin” is fat free while Cinnamon Doughnut is low-fat, allowing you to indulge and satisfy your sweet tooth without feeling too guilty.

16 handles

Photo by Sunny Tang

16 Handles understands the daily conflict many college students go through each day: eating out while being able to stay within their budget. 16 Handles’ Bleecker location is offering a 16% NYU discount until the end of winter while the East Village (2nd Ave) location offers a year round 10% discount to all NYU students.

No longer will fro-yo have to be a post-midterm celebratory treat; 16 Handles is an affordable, healthy, and delicious option, especially for those looking to satisfy their fall-food cravings.

Location: 245 Bleecker St (bet Carmine and Leroy) and 153 2nd Ave (bet 9th and 10th)
Hours of Operation: Sun-Thu noon to 11:30pm, Fri-Sat noon to midnight (2nd Ave to 1am)