Charlotte is a city full of life and so many good eats. Charlotte is home to the Carolina Panthers and countless unique restaurants. As we all have our favorites, here are some of the things you need to eat in Charlotte before you die.

1. Cinnamon Roll Waffle at Cast Iron Waffles

Charlotte

Photo courtesy of castironwaffles.com

If you are looking for the perfect sweet tooth satisfaction, head on down to the SouthPark area and get this delicious Cinnamon Roll Waffle. Cast Iron Waffle is the creator of this bad boy that will melt in your mouth and make you wonder how you have made it this far without it.

2. The Queen City Crepe at Crepe Cellar

Charlotte

Photo courtesy of @crepecellar on Instagram

With this French treat, Charlotte has a secret of its own hidden in the North Davidson district. The Crepe Cellar has a long list of sweet and savory crepes but the Queen City is the one to go for. The combination of chicken, bacon and a tomato dressing will leave your mouth watering.

#SpoonTip: Order dessert and get the Banana + Nutella Crepe, you will not regret it

3. Eclair at Amelie’s French Bakery 

Charlotte

Photo courtesy of @ameliesfrenchbakery on Instagram

There are some things that are worth a million dollars and these eclairs are totally one of them. For all the chocolate lovers out there, Amelie’s French Bakery will satisfy any craving. This is a spot to go if you need to study or if you’re looking to go to Paris for the evening.  

4. BBQ Mahi-Mahi Taco at Cabo Fish Taco    

Charlotte

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Cabo Fish Taco gives us a unique spin on the typical taco. These BBQ Mahi-Mahi tacos are a menu item most people would stay away from but the grilled mango and BBQ sauce compliment one another better than peanut butter and jelly. These tacos are packed with flavor that make it something special in the Charlotte area.

5. Breakfast Salad at Zada Jane’s Corner Cafe

Charlotte

Photo courtesy of @sammyonsmarties on Instagram

This salad is unlike any other, with the combination of a runny egg, bacon and potatoes there is no going wrong with this choice.  Typically I would never suggest being “healthy” for breakfast (because pancakes, cereal, waffles, etc..) but this is an exception.  This unique twist on a typical lunch dish is the reason Zada Jane’s is the perfect place to pick up that necessary brunch after a long night out.

6. Twelve Chicken Wings with Sweet Potato Fries at VBGB  

Charlotte

Photo courtesy of tabelog.us

Who doesn’t love some good chicken wings? Located right next to The Fillmore, these wings are the perfect meal before going to jam to your favorite band. Chicken wings might be a basic food item, but a must have from VBGB.

7. Certified Angus Bone on Beef Rib at Midwood Smokehouse

Charlotte

Photo courtesy of @midwoodsmokehouse on Instagram

Everyone knows that the barbecue in North Carolina is unlike anything you can find anywhere else, but Midwood Smokehouse gives it a Texas twist. This Texas-style Angus bone on a beef rib is served with your choice of two southern sides that will have your taste buds blooming.  

8. White Trash Burger with Waffle Fries at Pinky’s West Side Grill

Charlotte

Photo courtesy of eatatpinkys.com

Do not make any assumptions about this burger, it will worth the uncomfortable ten seconds of ordering it. Pinky’s West Side Grill offers this turkey burger stuffed with fried pickles AND onion rings with some spicy ranch sauce and provolone cheese to top it off.  Pairing it with the dank waffle fries makes this a meal you won’t forget nor one you should miss out on.

9. Quinoa Black Bean Veggie Burger at Bang Bang Burgers

Charlotte

Photo by Elizabeth Faile

Charlotte knows how to get down with the vegetarian lifestyle and Bang Bang Burgers kills in with the quinoa black bean veggie burger. This up-and-coming burger joint has taken my heart along with many others in the Charlotte area. This burger is the perfect meal to satisfy any vegetarian’s burger craving and is for sure not something to miss out on while in Charlotte.

10. Chicken Fried Tofu Sandwich at Fern

Charlotte

Photo courtesy of fernflavors via Instagram

Another great vegetarian choice is the chicken fried tofu sandwich that Fern has to offer. Covered with a spicy Hawaiian sauce, tomato, lettuce and red onion, Fern has blessed Charlotte with this vegetarian variation of a classic Southern specialty.

11. Onion Rings at South 21

Charlotte

Photo courtesy of marieletseat.com

They’re just plain onion rings, a menu item at a thousand different restaurants around the country but these are some of the best in Charlotte. Regulars are not sure if it is the atmosphere of this family-owned restaurant that makes them so good or if there is just something special in their recipe. Either way, we’re not complaining.

12. Gringo Nachos with Beef Brisket at Paco’s Tacos

Charlotte

Photo courtesy of @huongielicious on Instagram

Who loves nachos!? Charlotte loves Paco’s Tacos Nachos! The Gringo Nachos with beef brisket thrown on top are the best around.  There are so many recipes for nachos but these are a beautiful creation sent from the heavens (or just Paco’s kitchen…).

13. Old State Shrimp and Grits at The King’s Kitchen 

Charlotte

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Shrimp and Grits are a vital part of any Southern born’s diet, and The King’s Kitchen is the place to go for in Charlotte. All their proceeds go to the homeless shelters in Charlotte, which makes these already delicious grits taste even better.

14. Deep Dish Bourbon Pecan Pie at The Midnight Diner 

Charlotte

Photo courtesy of finecooking.com

Okay, don’t get your hopes up about the highlighted contents of this pie (aka the bourbon) but the pecans are heavenly. The Midnight Diner is a hang-out that every city high schooler will be at after a concert or just on a weekend night and the pecan pie is the hot menu item. Some of the best pie in Charlotte is found here, which is why this pecan pie has made the cut.

15. Hot Pimento Cheese Dip at The Diamond

Charlotte

Photo courtesy of: diamondcharlotte.com

Pimento cheese is a dip unlike any other with a flavor that matches its color, The Diamond brings this cheese to life.  Diner food is always a 10/10 and the dip is enough of a reason to drive to Plaza Midwood section of Charlotte to enjoy this treat.

The options in Charlotte are endless, which is why your stomach will have to be bottomless to complete this list.