It's getting to the point in the semester where we all need to go out for a drink when our afternoon classes let out. Charleston is known for being expensive, but you don't need to drop your whole paycheck on Thursday's happy hour tab. All you have to do is search a little, and you'll find a bunch of places downtown that offer reasonably priced (and delicious) happy hour plates and drinks. To make the search a little easier, I've done some of the digging for you to find your best bets for affordable Charleston happy hours. You're welcome.

1. The Gin Joint

Kicking it off with a fancy option. Monday through Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00p.m., this place offers a $5 cocktail (with your choice of light or dark alcohol), a $5 craft beer, and a app menu, with all options running you $6. 

Another cool option they offer: choose 3 adjectives from a list (smoky, sweet, bitter, etc.), and the bartender will mix up something just for you. Not happy hour-priced, but still worth checking out.

2. Minero

This place is super hyped because it's a Sean Brock project, but it's worth the hype, because everything he makes is brilliant. Hit Minero Monday through Friday from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. to get the most bang for your buck. Go for the $5 wings, guac, and queso fundido (my personal favorite), and wash it all down with $2 PBR and tequila shots or $3 bourbon shots. You also get $2 off margaritas, micheladas, and sangria - go for the spicy margarita. 

3. The Rarebit

The Rarebit is known for their Moscow Mules, usually $8 each. Tuesday through Friday from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., you can snag one for only $5. Also, draft beers on tap are $4.

Don't miss their chicken & waffles. You can feel better about buying something full price since you're saving on the drink.

4. Upper Deck Tavern

This happy hour deal is strictly drinks; the only food UDT has is pickled eggs and sausages. Head to this hole-in-the-wall establishment Monday through Friday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. for $2 off liquor and $2 PBR on draft (shot and a beer, anyone?).

5. Bay Street Biergarten

This place, bringing a bit of Bavaria to Charleston, is a must-try if you're a beer fan. They have 24 beers on draft behind the full bar, so you'll never run out of options. Head over Monday through Friday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. for $1 off draft beers and $3 off specialty cocktails. Pair those with some big soft pretzels for $3 or half a dozen wings for $5.

6. Mynt

This one gets overlooked by a lot of college students because Mynt is typically regarded as a thirsty Thursday destination. Dollar drinks are awesome, but the happy hour deals offered here are actually pretty clutch as well. Happy hour is from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and there are different deals each night. Monday: $1.50 Bud Light cans and $5 burgers. Tuesday: $1.50 Tecate cans, $2 Corona cans, $3 margaritas, and $1 tacos. Wednesday: $1 Bud Light on draft and 50¢ wings. Thursday: $1 vodka (legendary), $2 PBR cans, and $3 Fire Eater shots.

7. D'Alessandro's

D'Al's is a college student staple and offers happy hour Monday through Saturday, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. A Saturday happy hour is usually nonexistent, so this is a true blessing. Get a three-topping calzone or a one-topping personal pizza with a PBR, all for $9.

8. Craftsman Kitchen & Tap House

This place is like a more upscale pub, and they have a giant selection of beers. From 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, you can sample some of these on the cheap, as they offer $3 session beers and $5 flights. The "Street Food" section of the menu is discounted during these hours as well so you can get a burger with your craft beer. #powermovesonly

9. Le Farfalle

A noteworthy Italian restaurant (they make their own pasta in house), Le Farfalle has a solid happy hour with affordable options. Monday through Friday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., they offer a small discounted menu, with some solid options being a $5 Roman style pork sandwich and $6 cocktail of the day.

10. Kickin' Chicken

KC is possibly the most convenient restaurant for CofC students to go to, since it's basically on campus. From 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, hit the chicken to get $1 off glasses of wine, $2 domestic bottles, $3 well liquors, and $4 craft drafts to pair with your buffalo nuggets. Also, Fireball shots are $3 all day, everyday. You're welcome.

11. O-Ku

From 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, O-Ku offers some pretty good deals on sushi. Every sushi roll is half off (!!!), and certain drinks are $3 off. It's hard to find more affordable sushi anywhere downtown.

12. Coast

This is one of those places you get your parents to take you out to when they visit. This changes during happy hour, when it becomes very much within the college student budget. Monday through Friday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., choose from a menu that includes half a dozen oysters for $7 and $5 drink specials.

13. The Macintosh

Their happy hour is called Bacon Happy Hour, named after head chef Jeremiah Bacon. Enough said. Monday through Friday from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., enjoy discounted plates (like $5 pork belly) and select liquors and beers for $5.

14. Indaco

Another great option for Italian, this usually pricey restaurant is a bit more affordable during happy hour, which is 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Get $5 bites, like ricotta focaccia, or half off pizzas, and pair that with a $4 mystery beer.