New York City is a foodie’s paradise. From rooftop bars and upscale dining to endless bagel and pizza shops, New York City’s food scene hits the mark. What’s not to be overlooked, however, is their diverse and notorious dessert scene. Some restaurants and bakeries take the concept of dessert to unthinkable new levels.

Check out 11 of the best over-the-top desserts New York City has to offer below.

1. Black Tap

Over-the-top desserts

Photo courtesy of @blacktapnyc on Instagram.

Located in the meatpacking district, this burger joint is famed for their incredibly innovative and decadent shakes. Featured above is the “Café Au Lait” shake, with more than enough coffee, chocolate, and donuts to satisfy your sweet tooth.

2. Holey Cream

Over-the-top desserts

Photo courtesy of @mofiefood on Instagram.

Holey Cream takes donuts to the next level; they serve donut ice cream sandwiches. Stop by the bakery to pick from their many flavors of ice cream and mouth-watering donuts.

3. Ice and Vice

Over-the-top desserts

Photo courtesy of @iceandvice on Instagram.

Ice and Vice is an experimental ice cream shop that prides itself on being able to “push the boundaries of what frozen desserts can be”. Featured above is the UFO Cone. It’s made up of a “carwash donut”, pink guava and chili lime plantain chip ice cream, black rice horchata sorbet, concord grape, donut soil, and rainbow sprinkles all in a coconut almond macaroon cone.

4. Eggloo

Over-the-top desserts

Photo courtesy of @myeggloo on Instagram.

Everyone’s talking about these waffles, inspired by Hong Kong street food. Located in Chinatown, Eggloo creates the ultimate sundae. You can choose from three different waffle flavors: original, chocolate, and green tea. Then, add ice cream and choose from an innumerable selection of toppings like fruity pebbles or pocky.

5. 10 Below Ice Cream

Over-the-top desserts

Photo courtesy of @10belowicecream on Instagram.

10 Below specializes in “rolled ice cream”, this technique started in Thailand and has only recently become a trend in NYC. Located in Chinatown, this thai-inspired ice cream shop is the first establishment in New York to serve ice cream rolls. You get to watch them turn liquid cream to ice cream in just under two minutes. Choose your flavors and toppings from their huge selection and indulge in this unique and aesthetically-pleasing dessert.

6. Sugar Factory

Sugar factory has nearly any dessert you can imagine ever wanting. From creative alcoholic beverages to classic desserts such as doughnuts, waffles, ice cream, crazy milkshakes and chocolate fondues. Their “Goblets” are a signature drink ringing in at 60 oz with crazy and fun flavors to choose from.

7. Doughnut Plant

Over-the-top desserts

Photo courtesy of @doughnutplant on Instagram.

Doughnut Plant made the list solely because of their “doughnut sandwiches.” This bakery stands by its claim of just how delicious their avocado and potato stuffed doughnuts are, while it sounds weird, customers also rave of it. Of course, they sell various sweet flavors of doughnuts, too.

8. Treat House

Over-the-top desserts

Photo courtesy of @treathouseny on Instagram.

Ever dream of trying rice krispie treats in any flavor? You can at Treat House. You have the choice between customizing an order or choosing from their many different flavors on display and ready to eat. They even offer online ordering if you can’t make it to the store.

9. The Smith

Over-the-top desserts

Photo courtesy of @thesmithnyc on Instagram.

With 4 locations in NYC, The Smith serves brunch, lunch, dinner, and obviously dessert. Featured above is their “S’mores in a Jar”, topped to perfection with toasted marshmallow, graham cracker, and chocolate. Take a walk down memory lane with this incredible, yet timeless dessert.

10. The Doughnut Project

Over-the-top desserts

Photo courtesy of @nyceeeeeats on Instagram.

Here to satisfy even more of your s’more’s cravings is The Doughnut Project’s s’more’s doughnut. This creation features graham cracker glaze, stuffed chocolate ganache and s’more’s marshmallow.

11. Little Cupcake Bakeshop

Over-the-top desserts

Photo courtesy of @eatingnyc on Instagram.

This bakery is making your childhood dreams come true. That delicious ice cream cone above is made out of fruity pebbles and lucky charms with red velvet and BKLYN Blackout ice cream. Another signature item customers love is their Fruity Pebble Rice Krispie treat with ice cream in between.