Brunch is amazing.  Who doesn’t love getting to sleep in and still enjoy the luxury of breakfast food?  Not to mention you can pour tons of maple syrup on your waffles guilt free, because, hell, it’s brunch.  Next time you’re craving some early afternoon eggs and pancakes check out these great local spots:

1. Penny Cluse Cafe

Brunch

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

One of the best things about Penny Cluse, is you can order anything off the menu as long as you give them 30 minutes. The worst is when you’re hankering for some french toast and have to wait in a long line. But all in, Penny Cluse is totally worth it and you’ll always walk away satisfied.

2. Magnolia Bistro

Brunch

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Magnolia’s was the first green certified business in Vermont, and they also have the best waffles I have ever tasted.  The location is adorable, and the food is delicious.  They have lots of vegetarian and vegan options, and an amazing wait-staff. Overall Magnolia’s better be on your brunch bucket list.

3. The Skinny Pancake

Brunch

Photo courtesy of vermontrestaurantweek.com

This one has quickly become a new favorite brunch spot since it opened on the UVM campus.  Not only are most of their ingredients locally sourced, but they also have crepes for what ever type of mood you are in.  Nutella and strawberries, pulled pork, anything.  Skinny-P has it all.

4. Handy’s Lunch

Brunch

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

This is the perfect brunch place when you don’t have the time to sit down. Their sandwiches are great to pick up before you head to the library, or when you’re just hanging out with your friends.  Either way Handy’s is always dank. Their waitstaff is one of the best in Burlington and you should always leave a sweet tip.

5. The Farmhouse Tap & Grill

Brunch

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Most people are unaware that Farmhouse Tap & Grill does brunch every weekend, and let me tell you it’s amazing. My favorite thing to order for brunch here is the hash and eggs because nothing says brunch like hollandaise sauce and maybe a few mimosas.

6. Great Harvest Bread Co

Brunch

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

When people think about brunch they typically jump straight to breakfast food and stay away from lunch items.  But, if you’re ever in the mood for a great sandwich check out Great Harvest Bread Co, theirs are the best.

7. Swingin’ Pinwheel Cafe

Brunch

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

If you haven’t been here yet for brunch, you need to skip the bagels at the Marche and get the stuffed pop overs at this cafe. I swear their so delicious you’ll get hooked.  Soon you’ll be saving all your extra cash to get brunch here every week.

8. Pingala Cafe

Brunch

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

This is one of the most unknown study spots in Burlington. What is great about this restaurant is it’s the best break from dining hall food. Speaking as someone with dietary restrictions, finding a place that goes out of their way to make food catered to your restrictions is like finding gold.

9. Leunig’s Bistro

Brunch

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

On Sundays Leunig’s Bistro offers brunch from 9-2. Sometimes in college you have those weeks that are hard and stressful, you have to treat yourself to something nice. What’s nicer than a delicious breakfast?

10. MiraBelles

Brunch

Photo courtesy of mirabelles.com

When your parents are in town for the weekend, this is the place to take them for bunch. The other great thing about MiraBelles is they have great to go options, for when the breakfast wait is too long.

11. New Moon

Brunch

Photo courtesy of newmoonvt.com

New Moon is the perfect destination for a Sunday morning brunch. Even though we all have the idea that’s it’s best to get our work done on Friday after class we all end up cramming on Sunday to get things done. New Moon is the perfect place to order a breakfast sandwich, a coffee and then get to studying.

Brunch

Gif courtesy of playbuzz.com

Burlington knows how to do bunch like no other college town. Be sure to come to Burly next time you’re craving some good eats